prologue

1994 Berlin, Germany

I wake up to a sinking feeling in my stomach that makes me want to throw up. I open my eyes immediately seeking the warmth of Theo laying next to me.

His eyes meet mine and I realize he must have woken up to a similar feeling.

"It's time" is all he utters before moving with a swiftness I haven't seen before to pack our bags.

I nod, heading towards to window to peak for any signs of danger. I can see the lamp post across the street has gone out, despite it working fine just before I dozed off.

After he finishes throwing everything in our bags, his eyes sweep the room making sure no trace of us has been left.

We rush through the lobby, throwing out keys on the empty desk, and head out to the jeep.

Hopping in the passenger seat I can't help but stare at Theo, locking into his chocolate eyes swarming with worry. I grab his hand locking our fingers feeling the cool silver brush against my bare skin.

His eyes drift from the road and reach mine. "We'll be fine. If anything goes wrong, just meet me where it started."

That was always our plan. Every time, every life, the same place. The place we met and we realized we were no longer alone in this world.

Before I had a chance to answer a bright light was right in front of me, Theo swerved to try and miss it but the car just started flipping.

After all the sound and movement finally stopped, I realized we had crashed. Glass was everywhere, some embedded into my skin. My hair was hanging down below and somehow I was still buckled into my seat.

I reach over to Theo shaking him awake. "Teddy please, wake up." I couldn't manage more than a whisper. By some chance he heard me and his eyes started to crack open.

"Ana?" He croaked. Before I had a chance to answer I hear footsteps slowly making their way towards our car.

"Teddy, he found us." I cry

Teddy grabs my hand. "I'll find you. I always find you. I love you"

The next sound I hear is a gunshot and he's gone.

I finally see the monster who took everything from me.

Then I just close my eyes and beg for the end.

___________________________________

Hey y'all!

I'm super excited about my new book and can't wait to see what y'all thing!

I appreciate constructive criticism but straight up hate I don't tolerate! Please correct my grammar if you see a mistake, I will happily fix it.

All my characters and plot lines are my own, if you steal them, you're a scumbag. Any similarities to any stories or ideas that are out there are pure coincidence that I had no prior knowledge of!

I will try my hardest to update at least once a week until Ana and Theo's stories are complete. With that in mind, this story is by no means finished or already written I have no end in sight and their journeys are still up in the air.

This story is set up for possible sequels or spin offs if inspiration strikes and enough people want to read more!

P.S. I can't get over Ben Barnes as The Darkling in Shadow and Bone.

 I can't get over Ben Barnes as The Darkling in Shadow and Bone