"The life of a Stray"

"You'll be okay. I'll be gone for a long time, ok?" A woman who had cat ears and a tail said to her daughter. She spoke with tears in her eyes and a hand on the girl's face. "Just know that I love you ok?"

A girl groaned as she began opening her eyes. She has purple hair and cat ears with ear jacks on them. She had a purple cat tail and she had sharp onyx eyes while wearing some beaten up and torn clothes and socks on her feet. She was sleeping on a metal beam inside a rundown warehouse. She sat up and stretched her arms out.

She looked down and saw an orange haired girl with a side ponytail with orange cat ears and a tail sleeping on a worn down mattress. She too wore torn and beaten up clothing with bandages around her feet. Once she got impaled by a nail in her left foot. They wrapped bandages around and she liked the style so she wore it on her other. "Hey, Itsu. You're trying to go back to sleep?"

She groaned as she flipped on her back and opened her eyes. "Yes, but I couldnt. I am starving though."

"Well..." The purplette started. "What do we gor to eat for breakfast?"

"Uh...." Then the orange haired Neko got up and went to the corner of the room. She swatted down and started tossing empty, opened cans across the room. "Uh-... we only have one can of tuna left..... Luckily it's not beans."

"Wait hold on, isn't that what we found yesterday?"

"Indeed it was, Kyoka."

Kyoka groaned "Well we don't really have a choice here, do we?"

Itsu shrugged. "Unless we are skipping breakfast, then no."

"Alright then, we can eat now and search for more food later."

"And hopefully not get caught and have to run away like yesterday."

Yep, a world where there are two races of humans. Normal people and Nekos. Nekos are humans with cat ears and a tail and other features cats possess.

Nekos are usually used for slavery as they are infieror to normal humans. Humans have 80% of their population that possess an uncanny power called a quirk. For Nekos it's 5%.

Kyoka and Itsuka are close friends who were separated from their parents at a young age as they were taken for slavery.

They have had each other's backs since then. They searched for food, avoided capture, they even found the warehouse together. They even took turns on sleeping on the one mattress.

Kyoka jumped down and landed on her two feet. "Alright." she said sitting crisscrossed on the floor. "Set it here and we'll eat, Itsuka."

"Alright then." Itsuka then approached Kyoka and sat across from her. She opened the can and placed it between the two. "Hey, how do you think people live without a Neko as a slave, Kyo?"

"Well way better than this... that's for certain."

"Yea... I wonder how it will feel to sleep on something that isn't metal or broken." Itsuka sighed. "Let's just eat..."

_______________

"Ok, let's see if we find anything here." Kyoka said standing beside multiple trash cans. "Watch my back, k'?"

Itsuka nodded as she stood watch. Kyoka began rummaging around the outskirts to find something outside of the trash.

"Holy shit!" She suddenly shouted.

Itsuka looked over at Kyoka who had a white bag in her arms. The purplette looked inside. "Fucking bingo, dude! This will last us over a week!"

"And you will make us a fortune." Suddenly the tops of the many trash cans came off and Kyoka ran to Itsuka. People started coming out of them as the cans were actually empty.