15 Thinking about the old times

While eating we caught up on things and Tamaki warmed up to me again. He said that I was still the same shy Y/N like in high school even if I opposed saying that I could definitely talk to more people than him now. But I must admit, I felt the shyness come when I talked to him.

Tamaki seemed to have found friends of his own which I was happy about. I was a bit worried when we separated for college. I was the only person he talked to in high school and if I hadn't sat with him that one time at lunch maybe he wouldn't talk to anybody.

Even if his quirk would be good for saving people from villains he was never interested in being a hero. He was now in an economics major, which by his words was the calmest and best job he could do with his anxiety. I understood, the popularity and attention heroes got was overwhelming

"...and how is your quirk? Last time we talked, you said that you could fly after eating chicken." I asked, thinking about the time he was frantically texting me that he grew a pair of wings after having chicken for lunch and couldn't stop flying around his apartment.

"I'm more careful now and can control my quirk more. But it was weird that time. I couldn't go to school that day because I didn't have control of the wings." He squeezed his hands nervously.

"Ugh, I'd want to be there. I wanted to see how you looked with wings. You must have looked cool." I said cheerfully, making an outline of imaginary wings with my hands around his shoulders. His eyes followed my movement.

"If you say so." He chuckled, looking back down at his hands that were playing with the rest of his food. His hair fell in his face, ineffectively hiding the blush that crept on his cheeks.

That's cute. I thought. Maybe I didn't want him to be more outgoing, maybe I wanted him to stay shy. I like him that way.

"You said you had some problems with your quirk too? Is it okay now?" He asked carefully, knowing that I didn't like to talk about my quirk.

Most of the people in our class didn't know that I had a quirk, I only told Tamaki because I thought he'd understand.

"I don't know, I don't use it often. I'm still too scared." I said rubbing my arms anxiously. I thought about the time I accidentally killed someone with my quirk and that made my anxiety even worse. Tears started to threaten to come out.

He saw how my mood changed and started panicking.

"No, no...I didn't mean to... make you sad. Please Y/N don't be sad."

It was obvious that he wasn't used to comforting someone and struggled with words. His arms reached out as to hug me but they didn't and reverted back.

I was looking at my hands, focusing on not crying. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Tamaki's eyes looking from one side to another, thinking of how to cheer me up.

"I had some chicken yesterday, do you want to see the wings?" He suddenly smiled, his eyes were looking into mine. Looking for my attention so I wouldn't think about my quirk.

I gave him a small smile and nodded.

"Okay, so come with me." He stood up from his chair and went to his main door. I was a bit confused and slowly stood up.

"Y/N don't worry and come with me." He motioned with his hand for me to hurry. I caught up to him and we exited his apartment. We took the elevator to the rooftop.

The roof had a beautiful view. You could see most of the city from here and the breeze was comfortably playing with my hair, calming me. While I was admiring the view something tapped my shoulder.

I turned around and saw Tamaki with big brown wings. The feathers moved lightly in the wind. One wing was stretched out to me, probably the one that tapped my shoulder.

My expression turned into one of amazement. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped.

"That's so cool Tamaki!" I said in a high pitched voice. He had a proud smile which held a bit of confidence that he was able to make me happy again.

He took a step toward me. 

*3rd POV*

Y/N was too busy inspecting the different feathers his wings held to notice the fond look his eyes had while looking down at her. He didn't see that smile Y/N had in a long time. It was rare.

In high school, it was only those faint smiles Y/N would show when they talked. But there were occasionally times when she had a genuine smile of joy and it melted Tamaki's heart.

It was at those times he doubted if he wanted to be just friends and not something more.

*Okay, so I don't know where I'm going with this. I know it's a Dabi fic but I didn't know how to continue that arc anymore. I feel like the story wouldn't be good if I didn't enjoy writing it.
And recently I found interest in Tamaki. He's the cutest baby who deserves the world. So, he deserves a bit of a story in my fic. Maybe later I'll tie it to Dabi somehow but for now, it might be most about Tamaki.
I'm sorry, if that means you won't like and read the story anymore. Thank you for reading anyways. ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ *