09

"Yhena! It's going to burn whatever you're cooking!" Bina's yell caught me off guard, and I hurriedly switched off the stove. I apologized and told her, "Sorry, I got preoccupied."

"Be cautious next time, Yhena. Take a look at what you've got going on there, it's almost on fire," while taking care of the orders, she said.

"What's on your mind, and why are you smiling for over two hours? Is it possible that you already have a boyfriend? Who is he, and what is his name?" She barraged me with questions, which I couldn't immediately respond to owing to my stress.

"I don't have a boyfriend, what are you saying? I'm absolutely overjoyed for some reason," when I told her, she seemed to believe me. 

Bina went to the storage room to acquire some ingredients for the next dish we'll make, while I prepared what I cooked on the plate.

We were already cleaning to go home at 11 p.m. I entered the room where our manager was, signing some documents.

"Hello, Ma'am," I say as I open the door.

"What's the problem, Yhena?" She asked me if I wanted to come in, and I agreed.

"Ma'am," I said, "I just have a question."

Despite the fact that she was working on her laptop, she shifted her attention to me.

"What is it, Yhena? And don't even address me as Ma'am," she stated. "We're friends here, Yhena, so call me by my name. Treat me as a friend rather than a boss," she continued. Melissa, Ma'am, is in a great mood.

"I just wanted to ask Ma'am Melissa if you've found someone to fill the vacant server position. If you haven't, I'll let my friend in here," I said.

"That's fantastic, Yhena. No one has applied for that position here yet, and I haven't found one yet, and since your friend is also the one you'll be working as a waiter, there's no need for an interview or any other prerequisites. I'm sure the ones you recommend are fantastic," she said.

"Thank you so much, Ma'am Melissa," I told her, smiling sweetly. "He will definitely be pleased with what you have to say," I added.

"No problem, Yhena, and tell him he can start as soon as tomorrow or whenever he wants this week," she told me. 

At the same moment, I nodded and smiled at her. "Thank you again, Ma'am Melissa," I told her.

"Welcome," she said, smiling at me before turning her attention to what she was doing at the time, and I went out slowly.

"What are you talking about inside?" Bina approached me as I exited Ma'am's office. I had no idea she was waiting outside for me.

I replied, "I spoke with Ma'am Melissa about the empty server position because I have someone to recommend her," as she glanced at me, she seemed taken aback. "Who? What's the name? Is he attractive?" She asked me question after question, still looking a little giddy.

"He is my friend," I said.

I noticed that she had a smile in her eyes. What is it that she is thinking?

"Introduce me to him, Yhena," she said to me, pulling my arm as if she were a child.

I cynically remarked, "I'll just introduce you to him, you might fall for him."

"It depends on if he meets my criteria," she seemed to be deep in thought.

"Standards?" I inquired, surprised.