Chapter 2

Zhan looked at Yibo and smiled " Thank you once again ~ " he said walking along with Yuan, Yibo called him once again " Zhan ! " he looked at him curiously of what he had to say " Can we have dinner ? " both the men looking at each other. Neither of them saying to break the silence once waiting for the answer and the other waiting for, well waiting for a reply to be devised by his mind.

Yuan pulled his father's hand to grab his attention " Please baba ~ Can we have dinner ? " he said pulling him down repeatedly, Zhan smiled awkwardly looking back and forth at  Yuan and Yibo. It was as though Yibo knew what the results would be he lifted Yuan in his arms " Let's go ~ " he said walking towards the exist doors for the mall, Zhan ran behind him " I ... I can carry Yuan " he said stretching his hand for Yibo to give Yuan. Yibo smirked and looked at him " It's okay he isn't heavy and moreover I can even carry you " he said wriggling his eyebrows making Zhan blush at his words. He brushed it off and ran behind Yibo once again, this time without saying anything Zhan took Yuan off Yibo's arms and started to walk in front of him faster than Yibo.

At first Yibo was shocked how would Zhan pull Yuan off him, but he laughed seeing Zhan walk ahead of him, he knew Zhan had changed even a single bit and still looked like a little bunny walking in front of him. Yibo laughed as he walked swiftly trying to walk along side of Zhan's, " You know you still walk like the little bunny " Yibo said laughing at Zhan but looking straight ahead, Zhan rolled his eyes as Yibo had once again started with the whole bunny walk which he would make fun of him back in the days " No I do not ! " he said trying to hold Yuan tighter, Yibo gave up as he knew Zhan would continue arguing even when he knew he was wrong " Fine ~ " he said walking slowly to match Zhan's pace.

Yuan smiled seeing Yibo walk beside his father " Uncle what's your name ? " Yuan asked smiling as he reveled his missing tooth. Yibo smiled ruffling Yuan's hair " What's your name young man ? " he asked making sure young man made Yuan feel proud of himself. Yuan rose his pink little fingers, showing three fingers and smiling " I'm three years old ! " he said excitedly, but looking at Zhan once to see if he was right, to which Zhan nodded his head with a smile which showed how proud he was off Yuan. Yibo nodded his head acknowledging his answer " Wow you're such a big man, I'm twenty three years old " he said ruffling Yuan's hair once more.

Yuan made a confused face as the number was too big for him to understand how much it was, he looked at his dad tugged his shirt making Zhan look at him, he hummed seeing Yuan " baba how old are you ? " he asked to his dad, to which Zhan was about to say the answer but Yibo had answered before Zhan could answer himself " Twenty seven years old ~ " he said with a small smile curved upon his lips. Zhan looked at not able to believe the fact that Yibo still was able to remember his birthday even after all these years. His heart beat in a faster pace knowing the warmth had spread over it completely, it was as though he was back to the past once again where his time with Yibo felt like no one would be able to steal it.

" Baba ! " Yuan pulled Zhan once again as his diverted away from Yibo, but as he did he noticed Yibo had his eyes on him the whole time as well, Zhan hummed shaking the thoughts off his head, after all the past is past and there was no use thinking about it " What is it Yuan? " he asked smiling at him, Yuan smiled " Is uncle Yibo right ? " he asked excitedly, Zhan nodded to which Yuan smiled " Cool ~ " Yuan said making Zhan laugh as he was using big words to express how he was feeling. He pulled him closer to him while they walked together inside the restaurant. Zhan carefully put Yuan down as he ran to the table to catch a table for his father. Zhan smiled sitting beside him and  Yibo sat opposite to him.

Both of them began looking at the menu, but Yibo soon placed the menu down and began looking at Zhan, who was busy looking at the menu trying to find something good to eat, Yibo shook his head and chuckled as he took the menu card from Zhan " Hey ... " Zhan said confused. Yibo didn't care and signaled the waiter to come " One sour and sweet soup with egg and mushroom fried rice and one set of honey chicken with red bean noodle and a kids menu minus the spice " he said finished placing the order and waiter nodded as he went to bring their order. Yibo turned to look at Zhan, but Zhan was stunned, he was stunned that Yibo could still remember what he liked to eat " You... " Yibo took the glass of water as he sipped looking at Zhan.

" Don't tell me you favorites changed over time " he said looking at Zhan, he coughed looking outside the window " It.. It.. It hasn't " he said not wanting to accpet Yibo was right. Yibo smiled in victorious way as he knew Zhan was warming up to him once again, but he was not ready to accpet about it " So... Tell me how's life going on for you " Yibo asked still not knowing when and how did Zhan end up having a child. He was pretty heart broken when he saw Zhan once again, but to his surprise he had a kid. Maybe the thoughts and feelings he had were just once sided and Zhan never felt them. Zhan coughed as he looked back at Yibo " Going pretty well, I'm in a good job, life is comfortable so far " he smiled taking a sip of his water.

Yibo sighed as Zhan was still not opening up, he did wanted to know but he didn't want to force him to answer him making him uncomfortable, Zhan smiled as he wiped the dripping water of Yuan's t-shirt as he looked up at Yibo " What about you ? Have graduated ? Got a job ? " Yibo nodded as response " Yes I graduated and I'm a bartender " Zhan scrunched his nose " What about your dream of becoming  a Game designer ? " asked Zhan as he remembered Yibo telling him how he wanted to become a Game designer as it was all he would talk to him most of the time about his passion for games.

Yibo laughed looking away from Zhan " Some dreams aren't meant to happen I guess~ " he said with a hint of pain in his tone, Zhan felt bad for Yibo, he didn't know what had happened with him to make him this sad, after all Yibo was all his past and yet he felt at the moment that he knew nothing about him, he wanted to ask what it was that made him sad, but more than that he wanted to comfort him, as he hesitantly stretched his to rub the back of Yibo's hand. But as he stretched his hand the waiter had come back with their orders and Zhan immediately retracted his hand. " Thank you ~ " Yibo thanked the waiter as the three began eating.

After the dinner ...

Yibo walked along with Zhan with hands in his pocket, Zhan had lifted Yuan once again who was now sound asleep. The walk from the restaurant to Zhan's house felt as though it took millennium as the entire walk to his house was completely silent both Zhan and Yibo looking at each other while the other was not looking as though they wanted to say something but words failed them hence they decided not to say anything. Zhan stood in front of his apartment gate as he waited Yibo to say something. But since both of them were not saying anything, Zhan decided to speak " You... You want to... Come inside ? " the single sentence took a lot of courage upon Zhan's part to say out of his mouth.

Yibo bit his lower lip as he looked away not making an eye contact with Zhan " uh... I have to go now " he said walking opposite to the way they came from. Zhan was confused on why Yibo was behaving the way he was behaving ever since they had gone to eat dinner. He stood there watching Yibo walk away, even though Zhan was looking at Yibo's back slowly fading in the corner of the street in his heart he hoped he would turn around to look at him one last time, but Yibo didn't. Zhan sighed as he looked up at his apartment and slowly walked back to his apartment. It was thee feelings that Zhan had buried which had resurfaced and it had resurfaced by one the who gave those feelings at the first place to him.

***

To Be Continued ...