Monday Morning

Mondays is every students' worst day of the week. For Shiloh Kim, it was a bit more than a bad day.

August 4th, 2022. A very hot, humid day that started off the first day of school. The sky was grey and the students' dragged their bags to class.  The same thing every year.

"We have a transfer student joining our class for the year."

Shiloh looks up from her phone, her eyes meeting the blue eyed boy. Only for a second, as Shiloh pulls away to look out the window. The class chattered about the new kid. Some say he's pretty. Some say that he acts cool or that he seems weird. Others agree. It was obvious he was going to get a lot friends. People were interested in him.

"Hey, I'm Grey."

Shiloh looks up again, facing the boy. This time Shiloh can see theres a bit brown in the blue eyes. His nose a bit bent at the end and freckles around the bridge. Grey, the boy, leaned his face closer and brought a hand forward to indicate a handshake.

As Shiloh brings out a right hand but quickly adjust to her left due to the boys' choice of hand,  "Grey?"

He lets out a breathy laugh and a smirk to tie it all in, "Yeah, Grey."

His hands were calloused and firm. Which didn't fit his slim body.