twenty six: blindfolded

“can we talk to you for a minute?” the lady asks and i shudder as i walk away for them to go inside our room.

i attempted to walk away after i let them in but it seems like his parents has a different plan.

“to the both of you?” mark’s mother looks at me hopefully.

i took a glance at mark’s expression and he obviously isn’t pleased either but he nods anyway and pats the seat beside him. i scoot over while coiling under the elder’s stares.

“i never thought koeun would end up like that!” the lady grits. obviously very mad at koeun.

“where is she now?” mark asks.

“she was taken by her parents. we’ll eventually report her when we get back there.” she replies.

and now she looks at the both of us. mark snakes in his arms on my waist and pulls me closer to him. i bit my lips in embarrassment as i feel their heated look.

“mom, dad. i want you to meet lee donghyuck.” my hands shiver as mark’s dad welcomes it.

“n—nice to meet you.” i stutter.

they both looked at us in confusion.

“did you finally moved on from jungwoo?” the man asked.

my hands grip tighter on my lap as i hear the name of mark’s first love. mark has probably introduced jungwoo to them.

“of course. it’s been years.” mark’s stern voice said.

i shift a little in his arms when he pulled me closer and leaned his chin on my shoulders. i look at his parents reaction and they were just staring at us with soft gaze.

i felt uncomfortable and i know mark noticed it since i moved away and removed his arms from my waist, trying not to make it that noticeable.

“l—love!” he huffs loudly and i’m left shocked at his childish tone. “what are you doing mark? your parents are here!” i whisper in his ears but i guess it was so audible that mark’s mother laughed.

“oh my god.” she wipes the tears in her eyes that she gained from laughing too much. “it’s okay darling. my son’s so clingy isn’t he?” she pats my back and smiles.

“you do know that we arranged you with koeun so that you’ll move on from your heartbreak right?” his father mutters.

my eyebrows twitch. as well as mark’s. “what?” he hissed, completely leaving his thought about me removing his hands away.

“you were so heartbroken and we figured out we can do something about it. and it was so wrong for us to arrange you with someone you clearly have no interest in.” the lady continues, leaving the flustered mark.

i think i shouldn’t be here anymore. it’s a family matter. so i avert my gaze on the floor.

“wait let me get this straight. so you didn’t set me up with her to collaborate both companies?” mark raises his hands in the air, elaborating his parents’ words.

the lady laughs. “of course not! their company is way too small to collaborate with ours.”

if koeun’s company is a lot smaller than mark’s and their house is already that fancy looking, how much more mark’s? i couldn’t imagine anymore. i really caught a big fish, didn’t i?

“and if i wanted to call that stupid engagement off, you would let me?” he asks again and his parents nod. “of course. we just thought koeun would be a perfect fit for you as a wife since you grew up together and she clearly has feelings for you. but if you don’t want her to be, then we have no say about it.” the man explains.