Chapter 5

Pulling into Rachels apartment complex which were actually houses grouped really close together( something you don't see described as an apartment complex in new York.) Ours was the seventh on the left. An orange front door and a flower pot in the flowerbed with nothing in it.

"Rachel doesn't have a green thumb does she?"

Radar yipped beside me and I took that as an agreement and ruffled his fur. Sam pulled into the ditch to allow me what was left of the driveway. I grabbed my duffel and my backpack from the back and Sam ended up flinging my duffel over his shoulder so I could be free to hold radar. Together like that the three of us headed to the front door. It was at this point I got nervous. I'd never lived with anyone outside my sisters now I'm moving in with a strange stranger.

Turns out though that all of my worries were for nothing as soon as we walked through the front door Rachel was rushing to greet us.

"So what do you think? What'd you do? Why are you holding kujo? Really Sam you suckered her into a dog? Are yall hungry? Dinners almost ready. Danni is on his way, hope you like lasagna. Who doesn't like lasagna? Oh gosh I think it's burning. Make yourself at home Grace. Sam you dont, you'll clean my fridge out in a matter of hours."

"I really don't eat that much." He leaned over and whispered. "Your room is this way. Follow me."

He lead me down a narrow hallway lined with pictures of every sort. Rachel was a great photographer. Another thing we have in common. Photography.

"Yeah rach is great at taking pictures. You like it too huh?"

"Of course, I guess I picked it up from my mom. Photography was her passion she was always running around with a camera."

"You like the dark room stuff or are you high tech?"

"High tech. I mean I know how to use a dark room but it's just easier. He flipped on the lights and the only thing in the room was a bed. The room itself reminded me of what a dorm room looks like. Bare and awaiting a personality. Radar wiggled his way free and like a good dog scouted the room out before laying down under the window.

"Thankyou."

"And I can make you a dresser so don't worry about going out and buying one. Next Saturday when we go into town I'll take you by the hardware store pick up supplies and paint. Think you can live til then?"

"I'll manage. I made it six months without one another week won't kill me." He chuckled said he was starving and was going to go pester Rachel about that lasagna.

Thankfully there were hangers in the closet so I tried to unpack a little. About half an hour later I heard the door open so I figured Danni was here. I left everything where it was and headed to the entryway where it sounded like everyone was.

As I walked down the hallway I overheard Danni talking animatedly with Rachel and Sam.

"Law enforcement huh?"

"Yep. And I told her you might be able to get her a couple days training with the pack. Don't make your future brother in law look like a liar. Please?"

"You like her don't you Sammy?" Rachel said and I inched closer very interested in hearing Sam's answer. He didn't get the chance to though because Danni roared with laughter.

"Look at how red his face is. This woman mist be a beauty if she's got Mr I don't date anymore blushing. Ah here she comes now. Hope she hasn't heard much."

"Just a little" I admitted truthfully. I didn't want to start off with a lie even if it was a little one. I walked fully into the living room and introduced myself to the very tall handsome man standing on front of Sam on the couch. You must be Danni Dupree. Rachels mate."