CHAPTER 1

'Isn't it weird how I'm going on a road trip by myself?' I'm finally 16 and driving a car for the first time, in getting my license. I don't realize that my car is out of gas and I feel it stop running. "Why wont it let me turn it back on!?" Then the gas signal starts flickering. 'Shit' I think to myself. I never bring gas with me and I'm in the middle of the road, in a dessert.

I walk around with my bag, trying to find some help. I see a teepee sort in my distance and feel relieved. "I hope whoever lives there has something to help me with my car," I whisper to myself, starting to get worried. I sigh, once I get there I walk up towards someone. A person with a striped red and white outfit and a pink bunny hat is in front of me. 'Weird..' "Uhm, excuse me?" "Not now Keda!" The person said. "Who's Keda?.." "Kedamono wont you ever shu-" The person turned around and jumped. "AHH WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!?!" "Oh sorry for startling you, but by any chance do you have gas or something that could help me with my car?" The person laughed "Car stuff? You really think a circus would have that type of shit?" 'Jeez this person is a real jerk.' "Well okay then, I'll be going no-" A dog with purple fur came up to the person. "Popee! I was looking for you!" Oh, so Popee was his name, poor dog. He was panting from probably all that searching. The dog looks up at me and his mask changes to a happy expression. "Popee whos she?" Kedamono whispers to Popee. "A random stranger." Popee says with his arms crossed. "Hi I'm Y/N!" "Hi I'm Kedamono but you can call me Keda! This is Popee, one of the best performers on Wolf Zircus! Would you like to stay with-" "THATS enough information Keda!.." I could tell Popee was annoyed at this point. I watch as Popee walks away, pretty much still annoyed while Kedamono walks up to me. "Hey just some heads up, you can stay with us here for as long as you like. But just to be careful, don't make Popee too mad. You will see why.." I felt bad for Kedamono, living with someone like Popee. "Thanks Keda, I would like to stay here for a while actually," Kedamono gets excited with my response. "Follow me then! I'll show you around!" He smiles and I think, 'This is gonna be interesting..'

"And that's basically all you have to know, I'm glad you're staying with us!" Kedamono smiles. "Thank you Keda but, where am I sleeping?" I watch as Kedamono thinks. "Well you could sleep in Popees tent or-" "NO! No no and no!" I cut him off. He looks surprised and startled. "Well then we will have to ask Papi where you could sleep," "Whos Papi?" What a weird name. (It means daddy in Spanish help...)

"Oh Keda and Popee!~ I'm back!" I turn around and see a guy with sun rays on him. He gets off a elephant car and looks at me. Popee and Kedamono come out of their tents. "And who must this young lady be!?" The guy says. "Dad, this is Y/-" "No wait let me guess.. ah ha! Popees new girlfriend! That should be correct," I look surprised and don't know what to say. "No!" Me and Popee yelled. "I'm Y/N and uh, a visitor?" "More like a pathetic, useless girl." Popee mumbles. I roll my eyes. "Well quite a surprise to see that someone has came to our Circus! I am the Formal performer but you can call me Papi," I smile to Papi.

It was really dark and late at night. I was sitting on the floor, thinking about life. I thought and thought until someone sat next to me, "Hey, is everything alright? What are you doing here so late at night?" I flinched and turn to my side to see Kedamono next to me. "Yes I'm fine Keda," I say and pet him. His tail wags everywhere but little did I know, Popee was watching us from the tent. He came out and stood there, looking down at you guys. "So some type of cheap honeymoon?" He raised an eyebrow and I look upwards. "Shut up blond head." I say. Kedamono pats my shoulder, trying to tell me to calm down. Popee grabs my hand aggressively and pulls me up. "What the fuck did you say?!" He walks towards me until I hit a wall. I push him off of me. "Move you slut. I don't wanna hear you ever again. Got it?!" I say. Kedamono tries to break the situation till further more, but Popee looks at me angrier than ever. "I can and maybe will throw you off the street. You know how bad I want you dead and not here with me ruining my life? You're a little asshole who likes to be two-faced." He yells at me. 'Why do I feel shaky and hot..' I think. I feel tears about to run down my face but I stop myself and close my eyes. "If I'm gonna stay here, you're gonna have to deal with it." I sniffled as I end the argument there. 'What kind of maniac is he?.' I don't talk to anyone for the night and sleep outside, in the cold with nothing to cover up. I sleep, as still feeling hurt from what happened.

~ 934 words ~