⎯⎯ reunion

resurrection dreams ; chapter nine

"It's not happening, Ultron. I'm not killing them."

"Fine. Have it your way. One way or another, I will end the Avengers. I guess I'll just have to end you with them."

"I'd like to see you try, you piece of scrap."

"May the best win."

I use my telekinesis to throw Ultron back and he flies into a billboard. He recuperates after falling from the billboard before punching me in the gut. I double over in pain but use my mental manipulation powers to convince myself that I don't feel it. It does restrict some of my movement, and keeping that illusion up for myself is tiring. It's easier to convince others that they're ok, if I'm being honest. Ultron is about to punch me in the face before pausing; his metal fist just millimeters from my nose. Something seems to compute in his head and he flies off. I quickly climb up the billboard and fly back to Mr. Barton's farm. I fly back and my wings dissipate quickly as I walk through the front door. I immediately go to the living room and wake Dr. Banner up. We go around and wake up the other Avengers, careful to not wake Mr. Barton's kids.

"Ultron knows."

"Knows what?" Stark asks, still annoyed that I woke him up.

"He knows we're here. That might be my fault, and I'm sorry. Mr. Barton, I get it if you hate me now, but I didn't choose to directly tell Ultron about this place. And, one, he tried to kill me. Two, he wants to kill all of you, but we knew that already. Three, if we don't stop Ultron soon, he's gonna build himself a body. Remember the doctor lady who fixed Mr. Barton? I have a feeling something bad happened to her. You don't have to trust me, but please, just think about the consequences if I'm right and you don't believe me."

"I believe you." Dr. Banner offers.

"Same here." Ms. Romanoff says. Mr. Rogers stands with me, Ms. Romanoff, and Dr. Banner.

"I'm with Anya. She's been right multiple times, I think she really wants to help us." Mr. Rogers says.

"Thanks, Mr. Rogers." I smile slightly. "Mr. Barton, Stark, please, just trust me on this. You never have to talk to me again afterwards, but please, just agree with me on this one thing so we can give the world peace. I just want peace. That's all I want."

"Fine. We ship out to find her in three hours." Stark says. "Right now, I need coffee, something to work on, and silence."

"No can do, we need to get the doctor lady."

"Kid, ever heard of waking up?"

"Yeah, you're awake, let's go before you ruin any chance at peace." I say sternly. We head out to the Quinjet after Mr. Barton wakes up Mrs. Barton and explains everything. Stark is working on erasing the farm from all of the databases while we fly to Seoul.

When we get there, it's already too late. Ultron stole the Regeneration Cradle; Dr. Cho along with it.

"What now?" Stark asks.

I feel something. A stronger sense of energy. A familiar one, at that.

"Stop talking." I say.