εννέα

Rantipole(v.) to be wild and reckless.

A/N: (*Songs can be found on Spotify, Apple Music, Musi, and YouTube/YouTube music*)

Nine:

Kasen and I shared a look that stated we both knew who was sitting in our apartment. The one question we could not find the answer to; why was he here and why now? We didn't know who would ask, the simple question that had the answer sitting in front of us. But we both were to blind to see it.

"Why have you come?" I state. "Y-" I cut him off. I know it was stupid but I didn't care. "I mean we would have cleaned up." I point around that room calling him out. Receiving glares from both men shut me up. I knew I shouldn't have said anything but the opportunity was too good to pass up. I looked to the floor but immediately my eyes found him after he said "You."

"Why would you want her?" Kasen says with fake disgust. "Excuse me, right here." I said, crossing my arms. Kasen's going to get us killed.

"Mate." Was all he said, he had cleared up the unanswered question haunting me and Kasen's mind. Kasen takes a look in between me and him, taking a step back. "You would make a cute couple." He finally states. "No." "No?" My eyes connect back to his. "Yes, no." I was obviously annoyed by the situation. "So yes.. or no?" He asked, monotone. "Yes, wait no. Wait no I meant yes to no." I finished my sentence that barely made any sense. "Ugh you are confusing me." I said throwing my hands over my face. The smirk on his face annoyed me. And he knew that.

"Sorry." There is no way this man sitting in front of both Kasen and I just apologized when my hands dropped. He looked just as confused while Kasen was sitting back watching us like we were in some movie. Someone get this man popcorn.

"Who is he to you?" The Alpha asked, pointing to Kasen. "Gay best friend." I said. Kasen was the type that if someone asked he wouldn't lie he'd tell them but he wouldn't just go around and tell anyone. "Hey, not completely. I still like p-ssy. Just not yours." "What? What's wrong with mine!" I scream. "It's crusty and smells." He jokes. I grab a piece of rubble from the ground and throw it at him. The man on our couch starts sniffing the air. "Do not start with me."

begin song...
Song: Are you with me by nilu

He drops his head slowly all while making complete eye contact. No emotion shown on his face.

He finally stands up and I thought Kasen was tall. This man was a skyscraper. He towered over both me and Kasen. He had to be at least half a foot taller than Kasen. I wasn't the tallest but I was still average.

He walks to me with the same expression decorating his face and stops before me. No one dares to move, I can feel his breathing. It had become faster wheatear that was caused by me or his wolf putting up a fight. I guessed the latter, his wolf tried getting through but the man in front of me is stronger mentally. He brings his hand to the side of my face tucking a fallen strand behind my ear and removes my sunglasses that were still resting on my face.

He's so close that I can memorize every feature on his stunning face. The specks of green in his eyes. His straight nose and full lips. He smirks again, and the whole world stops. It's just like the night I met him everything was slow motion. Only hearing his heart beating, his every breath. I see him and feel him. But I still can't see any emotion on his face. He's watching me but not looking. He's looking through me.

And for a moment, for the first time in forever, I didn't feel alone.

And then I realized he was still fighting his wolf, he's trying to stay in control. And I'm praying to the Moon Goddess that he wins. Because I know I'm not strong enough. Not for him but for his wolf. If he comes through mine will too. And that can't happen. We'd be too dangerous for this world. The rage hidden deep within me and his power he showed proud through his entire being.

"Adeena." He knew me, he knew my name. How?

"Alpha?" Even though I did know his name I wouldn't say it. As a sign of disrespect. I wasn't going to fluff his already fluffy ego.

"Arkaias."

"Right." I said. "Alpha Arkaias."

"Adeena, you will come back with me and rule over my pack as my Luna." He states he wasn't asking permission and he wasn't going to. Arkaias doesn't need anyone's permission and definitely not mine. He does what he wants and that's the most dangerous part. I can't lie and say I never dreamt of being a Luna. But that's all they were dreams. I learned quickly that they don't last.

But this was real life not a dream. My wolf was fighting, trying to gain control. She wanted to go with him. Be with him. Rule with him. But I did not. And I wouldn't let her through.

"No." "No?"

I didn't respond. I felt a pinch on my neck and I looked over my shoulder to find a man with a syringe in his hands. I didn't have time to memorize his face. And like that everything went black.

And the only thing I was worried about at that moment was Kasen.

The darkness felt safe. I felt protected. Alone. I was alone, not even my wolf was here. And that scared me. Where is she. Is she going to come back. She has to come back. She can't leave me here alone.

I can't be alone again. I knew I wasn't dead but this feeling was worse than dying, it's knowing when you wake you'll feel alone again. Even in a sea of people it's just you. I like to say I like being alone. It's better than having someone walk out of your life. Leaving you.

And that was what I was most afraid of. Being Alone because I caused it.

And then I remembered the last thing I heard before I went out.

"Mine."

"People want to hear songs with the words they're afraid to say." -Halaire Burton, One tree Hill
And he was all I saw that night...
(Are-Kay-Us) Arkaias