CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2

I wonder why some people are afraid of being encompassed by the darkness when it is also their half when they are in their solitude. I guess, they are afraid of what their eyes cannot see, not the darkness itself. Just like how people see death. When things are starting to get piled up, they think of dying, but when death approaches them, they run away. People give me confusion.

"Bea?"

I came back to life when I heard my mother's voice. I immediately recognized her voice because it was sweet but with a little pinch of rasp. I actually like her voice.

I opened the door of my room and to my surprise, Ethan was standing beside my Mom. Is he visiting or what? It's not that I don't want him here but I was just expecting the visitors to wait in the living room and not in someone's room-especially in mine.

I forced a smile and waved my hand. "Hey! Good morning! I didn't know you were coming." I was trying to sound enthusiastic but I just can't. Like, is there anyone who can blast up a full enthusiasm when they just woke up?

I heard my Mom laugh and I looked at her, confused. "You greeted him first before your mother? Ouch, I'm a bit hurt, baby." She said and held her chest dramatically. I couldn't help but laugh at her. My mom's being silly again.

Ethan smiled at me cheekily. "I came here to discuss something with you. I was thinking that you might like it since you are a writer... Ms. Bonita."

I was about to chuckle when I suddenly realized what he just said. How did he know about it? I have never published any of my work. How did he also know my address? He weirded me out a bit.

I just shook my head and awkwardly gestured him to come in. I gave Mom a smile and told her that we can manage.

"I'm sorry. My room is kinda messy. I haven't cleaned it yet but I hope you'd feel at home," I told him gently.

He was busy observing my room so I think he didn't notice what I said. His eyes landed on my study table. I scratched the back of my head because it was a real mess. My sketches and notes were all over the table. My water bottle was also there. Pens and papers weren't arranged properly and it made me feel embarrassed!

He faced me and gave me a comforting smile. "You draw so well. Why don't you try joining to contests and exhibits?"

I chuckled shyly. "I tried it once but I hated the attention and the crowd. I'm not boasting anything, I just don't like being the center of attraction. It kind of suffocates me."

He stared at me for seconds and I felt really uncomfortable. I just played with my nails to avoid his gaze. I really hate it when people, especially men, look at me. I don't want to be judgemental but we don't know what's going on in his head. Is this called overthinking? I think, yes. It's the trauma, bitch. It's the freaking trauma I got from dudes.

"So, what did you came here for?" I asked out of nowhere.

He stood up straight and cleared his throat. "Oh, yeah. I'm sorry. I got busy with your works, they are really wonderful."

He fixed his hair and sat on the couch. "I'm here to ask you if you want to join the guild we built just this month. Some of my colleagues recommended you, so I came here to give you an offer." He stopped and put his elbows on his knees. He looked kinda hot, "My team volunteered to be one of the sponsors of an orphanage and we don't want to just give them money, entertaining and inspiring the children are also part of the objective.