16

Kiyoko's eyes gazed up in the clouds that had the same shade of her eyes. The wind softly brushed against her skin and the light of the sun shimmering down her figure, making her look like the goddess she already was. The weather was nice but she felt messed up inside.

Beside her was a tombstone that had [NAME] [LAST NAME] carved into it.

Kiyoko couldn't help but fall into grief with the fact that her beloved best friend died in the day of her wedding, and to add salt to the wound, she died of hanahaki because of her.

All this time, the girl who she's been with since elementary was suffering and was in the brink of death and there she was from afar, in the arms of a man who she loves. Everything felt so messed up and she didn't know what to do.

[Name] [Last name], her best friend, the girl who stayed by her side through ups and downs and the girl who she romantically loved through these years has now left the world and it was all her fault.

Truthfully, the only reason Kiyoko got married to Tanaka was because she forced herself to move on. Surprisingly, she did move on, but there was still a small hole in her heart that only [Name] could fill. Kiyoko knew that her choice was wrong but she was also so clueless about love that she just carelessly did things on her own. She didn't have the confidence to go up to [Name] and confess her love for her and instead bottled it all up, thinking that she didn't feel the same way she did.

Seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hours. The sun was now setting, the sky having the colors of pink, purple, and orange all combined into one. Kiyoko silently sat beside her grave and sadly smile with dry tears stained in her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, [Nickname], I'm so sorry.." tears once again build up in her eyes, threatening to spill. "I'm so sorry for everything.. please forgive me.." she lowered her head, her forehead resting on her knees as tears started flowing down her cheeks once again.

The sunset was beautiful but everything was ugly. Kiyoko's life has always been great so why did everything suddenly came down to this?

Time passes by and Kiyoko remained sitting beside [Name]'s grave, silently crying and saying how sorry she is multiple times.

"Maybe.. maybe in another life.. we could love each other again.."

"I'd like that, Kiyoko."

──────────────

Hello! I wasn't planning on doing this chapter but someone wanted to see Kiyoko's reaction on [Name]'s death so here you are!

Also, this will be my last story and update since I'll be moving to another acc. Follow me @/XIA0TEA, and you never know, maybe I might throw a second book to this.

Anyway, thank you so much for your love and support for this book, I truly appreciate it! I also read every comments you leave and I'm glad I made you guys cry /hj

If you have any questions you want to be answered then come to my new acc and I'll gladly answer it!

Again, thank you so much for your love and support, see you in future stories and I can't wait to see you again!

I love and you and thank you <3

xoxo sophia