CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

 Jennifer was only able to sleep for a few hours and her fatigue is apparent. Still, she somehow managed to pull herself together, find a board member approved suit that fully covers all evidence of the past few hours and makes it to Sparrow Energy Headquarters on time-ish. Even though she doesn't come to the office on a regular basis, she's used to coming and going freely. She never really had to be subjected to security checks and badge verification, especially since her buddy Cliff was manning the desk.

 She remembered Cliff started there when she was in middle school. He had a coffee mug full of tootsie pops and he would always let her pick one. This tradition continued throughout high school and college and then when she began working for her dad's company. Sometimes, on the rare occasion that she was early, she would spend time with Cliff and listen to the latest tales of his wild and crazy wife Bernadette. When she was running late, which was most of the time; she would run quickly to the desk and snatch a sucker from the mug, before rushing around the metal detectors. She never had to walk through them. He would yell out how much time she had to get up to her office and avoid her dad's unapproving side-eye. "You've got two minutes, kiddo!" He'd yell this out as she would be frantically push the 'up' button on the elevator. Eventually he made a copy of the key to the executive elevator - the private one that only her dad is supposed to use.

 Today was an example of the latter, when tardiness was an issue. She wasn't so late that she had to full out sprint, it was more like a brisk walk. She quick stepped her way to the desk, but the mug was nowhere to be found. She walks down the length of the security desk, even leaning over the counter to look for the missing mug, but to no avail. She finally just went behind the desk and started looking for them. She's so involved in her search that she didn't see the man standing in front of her and only looked up after his deep tenor startled her.

 "Can I help you?"

 She looks up to a belt buckle in her face. It’s drawn tight around a slender waste. The shirt is tucked in fully flush to his stomach. She can see the outline of his cock peering at her through his uniform pants. Her head is still at crotch level when she cuts her eyes up at him. "I'm looking for something to wrap my mouth around, can you help me out?"

 "I'd love to, but I'm working now." Brian is handsome. His black pants fit almost as snug as the white uniform shirt that wraps itself tightly around his abs and pecs. She stands and looks him in his ice blue eyes, and laughs off the comment like what she said was accidental and not the perfectly placed innuendo that it was. His gold name plate looks tiny resting on his huge chest.

 "No, Brian, is it? Where are the suckers? And where is Cliff”, she asks as she realizes his absence.

 "I don't eat candy and the old guy retired. Why are you behind my desk?"

 "Retired?"

 "Yeah, a few months ago"

 "Shit. Shit! What time is it?" Cliff wasn’t there to give her the countdown, which meant she was most likely later than she thought. Clearly this Brian guy isn’t going to get her up the elevator any faster.

 "Miss, I'm gonna have to insist that you step around to the other side of the desk."

 “Brian. Time?"

 "8:58," he says casually.

  "Shit!"

 "Where's your badge?"

 "I don't wear a badge," she says as she runs around the metal detector.

 By now he's figured out who she is, but he still has a job to do. "I'm sorry Miss Sparrow, you're gonna need a visitor's badge."