Chapter Two

Guns were drawn, all of them pointing towards my head. I pushed my head up and straightened myself in my chair, my eyes skated around the room, looks of malice and anger met me; my gaze landed on Tyson's face of concern and then Liam Hughes, his gaze was unbothered and still, like ice. The solider called Freedom kept his looks toward his computer screen, but the man directly in front of me had dark eyes that pierced into me hunting information like a wayward soul does purpose, the grim reaper stood tall and gestures for the extra men closest to the exit to file out of the room. He watches me as the bodies slowly move away until only six remain. The door latch echoes through our silence and he finally speaks, his voice like gravel and bourbon. "Explain."

"She's a gun for hire said she received a contract against the club." 

He didn't move waiting for more information, when he was met with silence he cleared his throat and spoke in the same dark rasp as before. "So what's stopping someone from putting a bullet in her head?"

Nobody answered, their threats were usually quickly and quietly disposed of, so why was I any different? "If you kill me, you never know who sent me. I would wanna know who's putting the price on my head."

"How much?"

"Beg your pardon?" He wasn't gonna like my answer.

"How much was the contract?"

"Four million." Tyson and the others had seemed to relax at the number but the reaper stayed locked on me.

Tyson sensed his leader's unease. "Grim, it could be worse."

"Something tells me it is." He moved slowly and sure of each step as he rounded the desk and took a seat in the big chair on the opposite side of the hardwood. "Tell me the truth."

"Upfront....four million, upfront. Another sixteen with proof that your dead."

The tensions snapped its way back into each of their systems. Without giving it much thought, Tyson snapped his head in a gesture for the remaining men to take their leave. Guns were lowered and one by one the room emptied until it was just the reaper and his closest allies, the four men had their weapons holstered and concealed but that dangerous itch was still crawling up my spine, freezing me to my chair. "If you wanted to kill me, you would've tried by now. why are you actually here?"

"Let's just say I needed to be sure...."

The silence stretched, it's only break being the click of Freedom's laptop, he had been typing for maybe ten minutes. Tyson cleared his throat and began speaking to the tall blonde next to him. "Twenty mil, there are only so many people in the game that flush. Unless, the hit is important enough to put themselves in the red, which is not good at all. The last thing we need is someone that reckless coming after TFH."

"I was thinking the same thing, Frosty. We can call in some allies, see if they've heard anything through the grapevine." 

"Why her? she doesn't look like much of threat." Freedom and his president were the ones that saw my eyes roll.

"That's why." It was the first time I heard his voice by itself, the solider layer his laptop down in front of Grim, scrolling through information for his leader and continued talking across the room.

 "Her name is Elliott Parks, the last name is obviously a fake but it's the one she runs her cover through. She owns a legitimate service as a P.I. with a specialty in real time surveillance and digital records. She's deep cover, locals would never question it but she's worked with and for some heavy hitters." He looked me up and down and flitted his eyes to his fellow bikers, almost amused at the information in front of him.