Change Arc Part 26

You: Wait! No!

Tony: Kid!

You: Shit! He's taken! What are we supposed to do now? Now James is dead, we have nothing...

You: What am I supposed to do? What if they do something to him? I don't care if I lose my mind, I am going to get him back.

You are unable to control your emotions and kneel on the floor crying. Everyone looks at you silently. You are angry at yourself and you start to pound the floor with your fist as you shout. You start bleeding and Nat tries to stop you from hurting yourself but you push her back. Everyone else rush to stop you and you use your powers to blast them off.

You've realized what you have done, steps backwards and run off.

Nat: Wait!

You decided to head back home alone.

Somehow, you ended up at home earlier than them and you took a few beers from the fridge and head to the roof.

Nat: I am going to look for her.

She searched all over the compound, your room, training room, meeting room and finally the roof.

Nat: So, this is where you have been hiding...

You: I'm not hiding. You just didn't know where to find me.

Nat: How are you feeling now?

You: *you motion for her to sit beside you* Better with you here.

Nat: I know we are going to get him back.

You: Sorry I lost my cool there. Did I hurt you?

Nat: No. Nothing I have never handled before. The way you are now hurts me more.

She picks up your hand and looks at your injured fist.

You: *you lock hands with her* I'm sorry. I said this before when I first arrived. I like to think positively but in actual fact, I am just lying to myself. Hiding away from all the fear and constant nightmare. I dare not confront my fears. So when you start approaching and get closer to me... I finally felt light coming into my life.

Nat: I am here for you.

You: *You hand her a beer* I think I am drunk

Nat: It's what makes people honest.

You sober up with the wind blowing on your face and head down to the common space with Nat.

You: Um.. I... I am sorry for what happened earlier guys... I freaked out.

Thor: Don't worry about it. We've all been there before.

You: Thanks for understanding guys. I.. I love you guys.

And you run straight to your room. Leaving everyone speechless.

Nat: I heard you.

You: Oh of course you did, my dear Russian spy. 

Nat: I just wanted to say you were great at the party. I could learn from you.

You: Oh come on, I learnt everything from you. Let's head to bed. We still have lots to do tomorrow.