4. tender love n' care

wholesome, fluff
injured!vinnie
words; 1140
july 2, 2021

vinnie winced slightly as you dabbed peroxide on his cut. "fuck," he cursed through gritted teeth. "i know, i know," you whispered.

his tattooed legs dangled softly off the marble counter. you stood between them, your hips aligned with his thighs as you reached for another cotton ball. vinnie currently sat shirtless, watching you intently as you tended to his minor torso scrapes and bruises. you felt his concentrated gaze, but you continued to work on patching up your injured boyfriend.

"how'd this happen anyways?" you questioned, gently applying hydrocortisone cream over a scrape next to his sternum. "i was trying a new skating trick, uh, the uh, one i was telling you about where i flip in the air and then land on my back foot. and, when i got in the air, i didn't turn the right way and instead of my feet landing on the board, i fell basically on my ass and landed straight on the pavement."

"damn," you breathed in, sympathizing with him and wincing at the thought. "kinda gnarly though," you smiled softly, finishing cleaning up and bandaging all his cuts and scraps. you turned your focus upward, making eye contact with him as you placed your fingers on his face, brushing your fingers through the stray hairs that escaped the messy bun you tied his hair in. vinnie shivered slightly as your cold fingers met the warmth of his face. in that moment, vinnie fell just a bit deeper for you. here you were, standing in his bathroom dressed in sweats and a t-shirt, your hair tied up as focused intently on his physical state. you dropped essentially everything you were doing when you found out he was hurt, and you didn't complain once about it. he needed support, and in that moment it was clear to you, you'd be the one to do it. and he was glad and grateful you were there for him. his heart beamed for you.

"damn, jack frost," he joked about the cold sensation of your fingers, sniffling his noise a bit and his infamous smile spread across his face. you rolled your eyes slightly as your cheeks grew rosy and warm. you slid your hands down to his shoulders, rubbing them gently. "i'm going to get you an ice pack. don't move," you scolded seriously, pointing your finger at the boy. he went to raise his hands innocently, but ended up wincing instead, his sore muscles flaring up. "see, i told you," you yelled, exiting to the bedroom.

your padded footsteps approached vinnie's bathroom door, a cold ice pack in your hand as you observed the auburn-haired boy kicking his feet against the light wooden cabinets. "hey," you whispered, handing him the ice pack as he gently held it up to a forming bruise on his left-hand side. "thank you," he spoke, a grateful look woven in his hazel-brown eyes. "anytime," you smiled, admiring him as you pecked a kiss to his lips.

"alright, come on mr. lumps-n-bruises, let's get you in bed," you sighed playfully, wrapping your arm gently around his back to support his weight as he shifted off the sink. "jeez, you're a great nurse but damn you're relentless babe," he responded, laughing at your constant nature of picking on him. "i do it because i love you," you responded as your feet meet the wooden floors of vinnie's bedroom. "yeah, yeah."

you got vinnie situated on the bed, and gathered all the materials he would need. "alright, so your water is on that bedside table and you'll probably keep the ice pack on for an hour or so and then we'll switch to the heating pad," you explained. you had laid out a heating pad on the bed as you shuffled around his bedroom, looking for your phone. "is this the heating pad you use when you're on your period?" he questioned, picking up the heating pad and examining it.

"yeah ...," you responded, trying to figure out the nature of his inquiry, "why?" "no reason," he answered, placing the heating pad down on the bed. you shrugged off vinnie's inquiry, moving to the bathroom in search of your phone, your facial expressions growing more and more complex. vinnie had closed his eyes, and he was sitting upright on the bed frame, trying to somewhat get some rest. "gaming desk," he said.

"what?"

"your phone. you placed it on the gaming desk when you came in," the boy responded, knowing you were looking for your phone by the shuffling sounds of the room and the preoccupied facial expressions he'd seen on your face. vinnie could usually figure out what you forgot, and you did the same for him. it was one of the aspects of your relationship that worked so well.

"ah, thank you," you said, picking up the phone from vinnie's gaming station. you walked back over to his bed, looking at him covered in small, white bandages as his torso peered above the heavy black comforter. you shifted into the bed, sliding under the covers as you reached down to plug your phone onto the charger. messages from you and vinnie's friends popped up on the screen, many group chats flooding as inquiries about vinnie's physical state arose. you began responding, before a certain set of hands made their way around your waist.

"vin," you smiled, turning your head to face your boyfriend, who had wrapped his hands gently around your waist and buried his head into your stomach. "come cuddle with meee," he whined, breathing in the familiar scent of your sweatshirt. "one second babe, i just gotta respond to the peoples."

"finee," he huffed.

you typed a quick, ' v's fine, all bandaged up & resting now,' message, pressing send and turning your phone off - facing it down as you focused all your attention to the boy attached to your hip. "all yours now, babe."

"cuddle time!!" vinnie cheered as he released his head from your stomach and scooted down the bed, his head now laying on the pillow. you followed suit, laying directly next to him. "yes baby," you smiled at the 18-year-old who'd seemingly turned into a bundle of cuddles and love. he secretly loved being taken care of, even if he didn't admit it.

you turned to face vinnie, pressing your weight on your right arm as you sat up slightly. "how're you feeling?" you inquired, observing the greek-god like facial features of your boyfriend. "uh, kinda sore. but proud," he responded, turning his gaze to yours. you held eye contact for a few moments, both of your smiles slowly appearing. you placed a small kiss to vinnie's forehead, as the auburn-haired boy closed his eyes briefly. "love you," you whispered endearingly. "love you, too," he smiled back, drifting off into sleep as you placed your head on the crook of his shoulder and gently wrapped your arm around his torso. there was no where else you'd rather be.

KAYS THOUGHTS! 🛹🩹
hi everyone! welcome to imagine #4. i hope we're all doing well :)
also i'm no medical professional lol so i'm not sure how entirely accurate this is haha but i tried my best based off experience :)
here if ya need anything 💗
adios besties
- KAY