Part 6 | Scared Words

Hajime threw open the door to Kazuichi's house, his eyes brimming with tears. The brunette closed the door behind him, sliding his back along it as he fell to the floor. The salty drops of water fell onto the brunette's jeans.

Kazuichi came down the stairs to see who came through the door. The mechanic's eyes widened at the sight of his best friend crying on the floor. "Hajime, what happened?"

With blurry vision, the brunette started undoing the buttons on his shirt. Kazuichi stood there for a moment before turning his eyes away from Hajime.

More tears fell from the brunette's face. "K-Kaz... look."

The mechanic turned his head to face his best friend, his gaze landing on the scared words on Hajime's chest.

I want you dead

"So he really is..."

The brunette nodded before the weight of the situation crashed down on him. Kazuichi stood there for a moment, also processing, before scooping Hajime up into a hug.

The brunette pushed the mechanic away, standing up. "I'm going to bed, I've got work tomorrow."

Kazuichi followed him up the stairs. "Nope! I'm gonna tell Makoto you're not feeling well."

"But-"

"No buts! You need a break, Hajime. Working yourself half to death isn't going to make you feel better."

The brunette entered the guest bedroom, the mechanic still in tow. "I guess you're right. Anyway, get out! I gotta change."

Kazuichi nodded as he left the room and returned to his own. The mechanic took out his phone and dialed the number of his friend, Makoto.

Ring ring ring

Hello, Kazuichi
Why are you calling me this late?

I'm just letting you know Hajime's not gonna be at work tomorrow

Oh, is everything okay?
It's not like him to miss work

I know, but he recently broke up with Nagito and found his soulmate

He did?
Tell him Kyoko and I say congratulations!
Who is his soulmate?

About that...
His soulmate is Nagito, but what he said was pretty... bad

What was it?
What were Hajime's words?

They were, uhh, 'I want you dead'

Oh, that's pretty bad

I know, that's why he's staying at my place for a while

Alright!
Tell him he can take as much time as he needs
I remember how I was when Kyoko said my words

Thanks, man
It was nice talking to you and tell Kyoko I said hi

Will do!

Kazuichi ended the call, putting his phone on the charger before getting ready for bed and drifting off to sleep.

A/N
At least there's two happy couples to keep y'all from dying of angst.

See ya later my guys, gals, non-binary pals, and anything else in between! ~ Nex