Chapter 3

The Weasley house was abuzz with chatter, breakfast was being served and people sitting down at the table.  Mrs. Weasley was cooking up a feast as usual.  Having six boys made her use to cooking so much food.  

"Do you think Malfoy will come down for breakfast or starve in the Attic?" Fred asked George. 

"I reckon he will come down..."  Draco stood at the entrance of the kitchen.  He contemplated staying up stare and not coming down to eat.  But honestly, he was hungry and didn't really have a choice. 

"Good choice!  Starving is a slow and painful death."  Arthur chirped. "Take a seat!"  

Draco took the seat next to Hermione at the end of the table and settled in deciding he would eat and then go straight back to his room.  

"Good morning,"  Hermione said curtly.

"Granger,"  Draco replied back. 

Neither knowing what to say, Hermione entered back into her conversation with Ginny." 

Draco surveyed the room and the Weasley group, this was so unlike his home.  He and his parents were completely quiet during meal times, occasionally his Dad might ask a question but he never really wanted an honest answer, or a long answer. The Weasleys were a loud group in a crowded kitchen.

Nobody made any effort to engage him and he had no interest in starting up a conversation.

Breakfast passed without incident, besides the dirty looks from Ron, and it was almost as if they forgot Malfoy was there.