Chapter eighteen

𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓰𝓴𝓸𝓸𝓴

"You can't stop, huh?" Junghyun asked.

"You're not mad at me, anymore?" I asked him back, changing the subject before he has a chance to ask because I know... it's always about chaeyoung. He notices almost everything when it comes to us.

"About the whole accounting thing? Nah, I don't have time to be mad at you for a long time. But, you can't simply change the subject, Jungkook...you can't hide it, either. The whole newly-wed thing going on with you two, it's crystal clear." He said while turning to look at me.

"What are you saying? What about the whole newly-wed thing? I don't understand," I answered.

He laughed, "Seriously? You've got to stop lying when it comes to something you can't hide. More precisely when it comes to Chaeyoung. Do you think I won't find out about it?"

My heart starts to beat uncontrollably fast, only waiting for him to continue the conversation. There's a slight chance that he might tell me he has found out the truth about this whole marriage but there's also a high chance of him never finding out. Then again, what's going on his mind? What's he going to say?

I turned to look at Chaeyoung, seeing her laughing with Hana as she sits on her lap. They are both pointing up at the sky, but what attracts me most is the way she looks with hana on her lap, it's as if that's our future.

Wait...did I say our? I meant, hers.

"Found out about what?" I raise an eyebrow, paying attention to him, again.

"About you and chaeyoung" He replies as he takes a few steps towards me, leaving me confused.

"What do you mean?" I clear my throat, avoiding any further eye contact; wanting for someone to just barge in and interrupt the conversation.

"That she was your first crush. She was the one you told me about, right? You told me that you liked someone but you said you can't have her; now, it's all clear... you couldn't confess and you couldn't have chaeyoung because you didn't want to ruin the 'thing' you two had, called friendship." He pats onto my shoulder before smiling,

"Well...congratulations," He added.

"Obviously!" I replied with a loud laugh, almost sounding fake but believable enough for him.

Truth be told, my first crush was one of the cheerleaders at school; not Chaeyoung. I've never had feelings for her not until now, I suppose? I don't remember that girl's name but damn, she was a charm. When I had feelings for her, she was with one of the football players, they were the it couple.

So, when they broke up, I thought it was my chance to make her my girlfriend but unfortunately, things got out of control and we hooked up on our first encounter which was bizarre. Not going to lie, things got pretty exciting from there... I enjoyed our hook-ups more than actually spending time with her, so I never did make us official. I never even say I once liked her because I left things unsaid.

My feelings for her disappeared faster than I can even say ABC. Guess we were never meant to be?

Chaeyoung and I were friends from the very beginning, unlike those movies where different genders can never remain friends because one of the opposite gender will start falling for the other.

We were really different, her and I have different tastes when it comes to men or women; easy to say, I'm almost everyone's type but not for chaeyoung.

I prefer someone with bright eyes and lighter hair which matches perfectly with her. Wait a minute... I never notice how much she is quite the dream girl; her height, her body shape, her eyes and even her personality, she's my kind of girl.