Chapter twenty two

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓮𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰

Thinking back of the way he reacted and how he left without saying goodbye or bothered as I was the one who was supposed to drop him off-it's starting to tense me, more and more.

"Chaeyoung" I turn around to see Mark walking towards me; "How have you been?"

My lips curve up into a smile, "Fine. How about you? Still getting high demands?" I ask, as he shoves his hand into his coat's pocket.

"Can't run away from that," He grins, continuing to look at me as his mind wanders off to think. "Is it too late to ask you out for lunch?"

"Oh, I just ate" I answered; it's not that I wouldn't want to have lunch with him but something as simple as having lunch with him can lead into more, people might know that I'm married and he's aware of that but I fear being the one who might trip and fall.

"Ah... I really need to work on my timing"

I shove both of my hands into my pockets before clearing my throat, "Did you come to my department just to ask me out for lunch?" My question came out a little bit more obvious than intended as he tries to hide away his embarrassment by smiling down at his feet.

"Isn't it obvious?" He raises an eyebrow, "Should've asked you sooner-probably a year or two sooner, maybe then..I'd consider it the perfect timing."

I chuckled, "You need to be twenty years sooner."

His eyes widened before laughing,"Yikes... I guess my time was long up, huh? Too bad,"

We both stare at one another, not uttering a single word afterwards as I'm deeply sinking in my own thoughts- wondering if things could really turn out to be different if I ever made different choices.

"Anyways, I'll see you around, Mark" I say as I smile before starting to walk away.

"Chaeyoung!" He calls out my name, causing me to turn and see him "My offer still stands you know where to find me," He says with a grin, making me laugh before shaking my head and walking down the hallway.

__

My eyes fixed onto the ground in front of me as I am deeply buried in my own thoughts, holding the bread in my hands without having intentions to take a bite of it.

Sitting alone on the bench at the hospital's park seems to be a great way to ease my tension but all I can feel is more and more stress radiating.

I lean back before looking up at the sky, seeing it blue and bright, hurting my eyes if I bother to stare any longer- making me drop my head in between my hands, closing my eyes.

"Is it still bothering you?" I tense as I hear a familiar voice in front of me which causes me to look up, seeing an figure looking back at me; his eyes lightening due to the sunlight.

The way his hair is messily being blown by the wind and how his eyes are never looking away from mine leaves me in oblivion, "Y-you're here."

Jungkook takes a seat beside me, "Can I be completely honest with you, chaeyoung?" He asks.

My eyes wander away from his, scared of something he might say; something that might impact me in ways I can never explain but I brace myself for the worst as I nod, turning back to look at him, seeing him licking his lip, hesitating on whether it's best to say.

"I'm feeling something," He starts, gazing onto anything but me.

"Are you sick?" I ask, earning myself a smile from him as he looks down at his pair of shoes.