Chapter 1

Percy POV:

I yawned as Mr Brunner droned on about Greek Mythology. I was currently in class at Yancy Academy with Grover beside him.

Oh! I nearly forgot. My name is Percy Jackson. I'm twelve years-old. Currently, I am a boarding student at Yancy Academy, a school for troubled kids.

Am I a troubled kid? I guess you could say that. I have been expelled six times from different schools till now. I mean you can't blame me. Blame my dyslexia and ADHD. It's not my fault i get distracted easily. Like one time, I thought I saw this humungous black dog chasing someone, but that was a probably my imagination.

Right now I am on this trip at the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at Ancient Greek and Roman stuff. I know - it sounds like torture, but then again most field trips are.

Mr Brunner was leading this trip so i had some hope.

Mr Brunner was my Latin teacher. He was probably the only one that hasn't put me to sleep. He had this huge collection of weapons and armor used during the Ancient Greek time.

Now, on this trip i was trying to be on my best behaviour. Don't need mom to be disappointed with me already. Normally i don't seek for trouble-I have enough to deal with-, trouble follows me. Like that one time i accidentally set of a Revolutionary Cannon at a school bus. And the time before that at the Marine Center, where I- Dammit ADHD! But you get the point.

However, on the way to the city, I had to put up with Nancy Bobofish, sorry Bobofit, the red head freckly kleptomaniac, hitting my best friend, Grover, in the back of the head with a PB&J sandwich.

Grover. He was an easy target he was scrawny, had a strange obsession with enchiladas. Most importantly, he had a disability. He had this strange limp every time he walks so he uses crutches and was the slow poke in class. He has this note for PE where he was excempeted because of some strange muscular disease on his leg. Don't let them fool you, you should see home run for enchiladas in the cafeteria.

Anyway Nancy Bobofish was throwing wads of sandwich which stuck in his curly brown hair. She knew I couldn't do anything about it as i was already on probation. The headmaster warned me that if anything goes wrong, any embarrassing or even mildly entertaining happened on this trip, I would be awarded with death-by-inschool-suspension.

"Mr Jackson can I have your attention please?" Mr Brunner questioned as he finished his lecture on the First Titanomachy.

"I'm sorry you were saying?" I replied.

"What events led to the First Titan War?"

"It all started with Kronos learning from Gaia and Uranus that he would be destined to be overcomes by his own son the same way as he had overthrown his Father, which was by being sliced up into pieces by his scythe. As a result, although he sired the gods, Demeter, Hestia, Hera, Hades, Poseidon by Rhea, he devoured them all as soon as they were born to prevent the prophecy. However, when his sixth child Zeus was born, Rhea sought Gaia to devise a plan to save them and to eventually get retribution on Kronos for his acts against his father and children. And in the end Zeus grew up he tricked Kronos into barfing his siblings-"

"Ew!"

"Then they had this big war fighting against the Titans and they won when Zeus killed Kronos."

Some snickers from the group.

"It's not like there would be a question in our job application that states : "Why did Kronos ate his
children?" in our job applications." Nancy Bobofit
scoffed.

"And why, Mr Jackson, to paraphrase Ms Bobofit's excellent question, why does this apply to us in real life?"

Suddenly, everything seemed to stop at once.

Ding!

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson.