The Number

Chapter 1:

~Scarlett's P.O.V.~

As I walk to Cindy's house, I dialed the numbers from my cup. And I called it. The boy picked up his phone after three rings.

"Hello?" He asks.

"Oh, hi. Is this cashier guy?" I ask.

"Yeah, that's me," he replies. "Umm.. Well, I was wondering if you wanted to get a cup of coffee when my shift is over."

"I'd love to," I answer.

"Well, I'll call you when my shift is over," he tells me.

"I'll see you then," I said and then the phone call ended.

When I finally got to Cindy's house, I knocked on her door and she lets me in. Then I handed her her drink.

"Oh my god! You'd never believe what Alexa said to- What's up with your face?" she suddenly asks.

"Nothing's wrong with my face," I told her, but she wasn't buying it.

"Then what's up with the smile?" she asks.

"What? A girl can't smile without having to be questioned?" I unsuspectingly ask.

"Okay, spill," she says.

"A really cute guy put his number on my cup and I'm meeting up with him after his shift is over," I said excitedly.

"Height?"

"Tall enough."

"Hair?"

"Curly."

"Eyes?"

"Green."

"Ding, ding, ding we have a winner!" she exclaimed. "Wow, he's literally the perfect guy!"

"Don't get ahead of yourself! I haven't even had a real conversation with him yet," I told her. "If all I know, he could've been a criminal! Okay, now I'm second guessing this whole idea! I don't think I should go.."

"What are you talking about? You should go! If you're second guessing him, you'll second guess all guys in the future! Just remeber three things. Go have fun, don't have sex, and tell me everything when you come back! Then we'll all be happy!" she says, making the both us laugh. She's right! I have to take risks. And I can actually have a good time with him. Though, I didn't catch his name..

***

Time has past and I've spent all that time at Cindy's. That's it. I'm giving up. There's no way he could take this long. I'm gonna give up. He probably saw someone else and he lost interest. I should just forget everyth- RING!

"Get out of my way! My phone's ringing!" I said, pushing James, Cindy's brother, out of my way. I jumped acrossed the room and landed on my phone.

"Hello," I said, casually, like it seemed like I didn't jump across the room just to answer a phone call.

"Oh, I'm sorry I'm taking so long. Some guy didn't show up so I filled in for him.." he said.

"It's fine. So where should we meet?" I ask him.

"Oh, I was just about to ask you the same question," he says.

"Okay, well, I'll just meet you at the bakery then," I told him.

"Oh, great! I'll see you then," he says.

"Okay, bye," I said and then the call ended. I ran out the door screaming, "Bye, Cindy!"

I crossed her lawn and unlocked my front door. I ran up the stairs and changed into actual clothes. Then I did my make up. I tried to make it as natural as it can be. Then I went downstairs and got into my car. At first I hesitated to even come, but then started my engine. I started down my drive way and down the block. I made a couple more turns and I was there. He was waiting for me outside the bakery. I parked my car and got out.