Chapter Four; Part Two

Chapter 4, part 2; the confrontation

(btw before we start sorry for taking so long! also spoilers for the reunion genshin quest)

Xiao stepped backwards away from venti and the end of the cliff. Why... Xiao thought, I trusted him what did he do to Aether. He's normally a calm guy... what has he done to push him past his limits.

With a scream venti stood up questioning xiao, "what! What are you talking about speak to me god damnit!" The bard shrieked causing it to sound like a broken note in a song. The adepts turned around and walked away back towards liyue. He needed to be alone right now, by himself.

Few days had past and Aether had finally cracked. Telling him what he had found out about the gods and the lost nation. Xiao totally speechless about the situation, "...barbatos...? he really did that." The male traveller turned to face xiao his aura being full of rage and anger. "... I'm figuring out why... but no ones answering me..." Aether had blurted out trying to calm xiao down.

Xiao noticing his frenzy tried to calm down, although it took him a few minutes. "sorry... I didn't mean to scare you, like that..." Aether nodding and reassured him everything was alright.

now xiao knew what he had to do.

the next night xiao had gone to the cliff where he found the bard sitting there, no music, no singing, silence. Pure broken silence, the bard wasn't even holding his lyre which was strangely out of character for him.

"Barbatos." Xiao had stated causing the bard to turn and look at him, tears in his eyes. "Xiao... y-you're back..." The god was on his knees now at a distance from the adepti wiping his eyes.

"Barbatos, what can you tell me about the lost nation...?" Ventis eyes widened staring at him, questioning himself why he would bring it up. "W-what...? what are you talking about... x-xi-" and with that xiao had cut him off with more questions.

"What can you tell me barbatos." sounding scary and stern, the bard now shaking and terrified of him. "I can't tell you! I made a contract... w-with all the other archons and..." venti quickly got out with a quick breath.

"maybe this is the last we should meet then, until you tell me the truth." With that xiao waved goodbye to the god and walked away. The boy behind him grasping at his own chest, crying watching the love of his life walk away.