x

*

astrid sped up her pace, pulling her jacket closer to her. months ago she was told hiccup had a heart disorder and now he was getting weaker and weaker.

norway was being cold as hell and heck did astrid mind. she started to run the last few metres to the hospital.

"hello," astrid breathed. "is hiccup, haddock, here?"

the woman at the information counter nodded. "yes, he is."

"can, can i go and visit him?" astrid asked, chattering in fear.

"what is your relationship with haddock?"

"close friend, family friend—"

"girlfriend?"

"no, not really but—"

"alright, room 2901, just turn left and it's the last room down the hall."

astrid mumbled a 'thank you' and opened the door. hiccup laid on his bed while valka was crying.

"you are...?" valka asked.

"uh, i'm astrid. astrid hofferson. close friend." astrid smiled through the sadness.

"so you're the one who broke my darling's heart." valka coughed then laughed. "i'm just kidding. hiccup's... not fine. i guess. he was doing so well."

astrid nodded solemnly and held hiccup's hand. "what did the doctors say?"

"he might not be able to make it," valka sighed. "nobody is a suitable donor."

"maybe i am," astrid spoke.

"no, darling." valka spoke sadly, holding astrid's hand. "if you really are you'd risk your life and his life. it's a risky operation and he's currently doing chemotherapy to clear out any cancer cells because according to the doctor, his heart disease can, well, reproduce cancer cells and such."

"tough."

"sure it is, astrid."

astrid thought about jack. he's doing okay, right? the police conducted a search and jack was found to be under the influence of alcohol, taking marijuana and crystal methamaphetamine. he was recovering slowly at a rehab centre and would be soon posted to the insitute of mental health.

astrid found jack scary when she thought about him. if he did not break into hiccup's house then hiccup wouldn't have to suffer on months on end. the knife wound ruined hiccup's liver and gave a huge advantage to hiccup's heart tumor.

astrid wept and thought about how if she were to be the one person who'd be able to save his life.

*

kay so hic has a heart disease and gradually over time it develops into a tumor and is able to spread cancer cells around his body. i'm no medical expert so i just make up this little thing. if it's true ermagawd  kms

anyway this story will be coming to an end bc if u dont know i write short stories so yAaAA

ily all and get this to 300 reads!!