Chapter 4: Dreaming of You ?

Lagdameo’s Residence, Dec.19, 7:27a.m.

            The cool breeze felt good in her face. She enjoyed the way the wind lets her hair fly. She inhaled the sweet smell of the sea. She was starting to sink in the view of the striking sunset in Batanes when familiar hands covered her eyes from behind.

            “Babe ano ba? Ine-enjoy ko pa ang view eh,” she said, a little annoyed.

            “Hay naku love, mas maganda ka pa naman sa view na yan ah,” Richard replied, cupping her face. “Do you remember this place?”

            “Ay hindi. Di ko maalala ‘to.” She laughed.

            “Well, dito lang naman tayo unang nag-shoot ng kissing scene for our movie. The very same place on the very same date. Happy birthday, love.” He handed her a red velvet box shaped like a heart. She took hold of it with unsteady fingers and lifted the lid.

            “An eternity ring?” She couldn’t help but feel astonished, and scared. Scared of the promise of forever that comes with the ring. Scared that she will personally experience what most people say --- that nothing lasts forever.

            “Hindi mo ba nagustuhan?” Richard asked in his fake “tampo” voice.

            “Of course I did, it’s just that....”

            Dawn opened her eyes, blinking in the morning sunlight that filtered through the windows. She rubbed her eyes, and was utterly surprised that they came out wet. Ano? Iniyakan ko ang panaginip na ‘yon? Gosh! She glanced at the clock and instinctively sprang from bed. It was almost 8:00a.m. pero di pa siya nakaayos. Pinakaayaw niya ang nale-late. With a grunt, she opened her wardrobe to choose her outfit for the day, and at the same time hating the fact that Richard Gomez had invaded her dreams yet again.