Prologue

2:00 a.m
July, 2021
Dubai

She was lying on the bed, weeping since the last two hours, with her hands cupped to her mouth lest the sound of her crying wake the others up. Her eyes were swollen out of constant crying. Muffled cries soaked her pillow every night. Even the last ounce of hope was yanked away. She had no energy left in her. She was drained. She was fragile.

"You are a slut"

"I wish you weren't born"

"What have we done to you to cause us this much pain? Can't you just go die!"

"We would be better off without you"

"You were a mistake"

"You don't deserve love"

All these wounding words, the trauma, the pain and the tortures she's been through were taking their toll on her, haunting her. They were ripping her off.

In the silence of night, tears never failed to comrade her. Fear cracked her soul with it's gnawing claws, as she tried to hug the pieces of her shattered dreams. Fear suffocated her every hour of the day. Its in the air she breathed. Depths of her heart yearned to go back in time
and undo everything.

Their disgust filled eyes stabbed through the guilt enwrapped pieces of her being, making her curl up in fear and abash all the more. She could feel the numbness of her soul. When her tears couldn't stop falling down her cheeks, she wished if there was someone whom she could hug tight and vent her heart out. But she was alone. She had to go through this ocean of despair on her own. She couldn't take the pain anymore. She lived every moment in fear and despair. All she could see of herself was a broken and ruined mess.

Fully drained, she wanted to bring an end to this, even if it meant taking her life. She got up from her bed and walked towards the balcony, teary eyed. She managed to get herself on the window floor. Looking down, she saw the gray block paved ground. The height did scare her but going back into that unendurable life scared her even more. She closed her eyes tight and loosened her grip and leaned forward.