Dear Diary, Life is Shitty

Nikki's POV:

"Sorry we couldn't do our date," I tell Becky. I was going to take her to an outdoor movie viewing, but there was a freak thunderstorm. 

"It's not your fault," She tells me. It's pouring rain, so I gave her my jacket to wear over her head. (I don't mind her getting soaked but she's wearing white and I don't want anyone else to see what's under that shirt.) We enter the hotel lobby, finding ourselves surrounded by tourists who are trying to stay out of the rain. "Besides, we can still have fun here." I'm not about to turn down more sex, so I grab her wrist and start pulling her up the stairs. I would've taken the elevator, but there's a long line for that.  

When we get to our hotel room, Becky immediately races to the bathroom. I'm a little surprised, but I don't see it as a problem. So I venture over to the bed, ready to rock her world. That is until I hear the sounds of vomiting. I can't believe that she's sick again. When she doesn't exit the bathroom, I worry a little. 

I continue to worry when she still hasn't exited an hour later, and has been sick several times since. I knock on the door. "Go away!" She tells me. I ignore her, opening the door. Her face is green and covered with sweat as she's bent over the toilet. I sit down behind her and grab her hair, feeling heat radiating from her skin. 

"You're burning up," I tell her. 

She dry heaves before responding. "I might've caught the stomach flu. But you can't be here or you'll catch it too."

"I'll take the risk," I shrug. "Can I get you a washcloth or something?" She only groans in response. I take her answer as a yes and stand up to grab her one of the hotel's complimentary towels.  After soaking it with cool water, I bring it over to her. She uses it to wipe her face, but this endeavor is quickly for naught when she bends over the toilet and hurls again while I hold her hair back. 

When this doesn't stop for yet another hour, I finally crack down and take her to the emergency room. On the way out of the hotel, I scream down the hallways to Tommy, Vince, and Mick, "I'M TAKING BECKY TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM! MEET ME THERE AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!" 

I want to wait for a cab, but seeing as how that just can't happen, we have to walk there. Becky holds her stomach, trying to keep from being sick on the walk there. When I try to check her in, she has to tell me her last name. Unfortunately, she rushes over to the nearest trash can and pukes her guts out. So I improvise. "Sixx," I tell the person at the counter. "Her name is Rebecca Sixx." 

"Alright then, right this way." And the nurse leads us to the hospital room. Once inside, Becky has nurses and doctors surrounding her, trying to figure out what's wrong, trying keep her from hurling all over their uniforms, and trying to keep me, the 'real shady looking dude in makeup and high heels,' away from her. 

The room doesn't clear out for another hour, but once it does, Becky looks relieved. She looks at her wristband. "Sixx? I'm now Rebecca Sixx?" 

"Well you never told me your full name," I cross my arms. "What was I supposed to say?" 

"I've got two middle names and am the only person in my immediate family bearing my father's name. Was I supposed to just out and tell you?" 

"You're embarrassed?" 

"No. I love my name. Other people... don't." She gets a sad look in her eyes. "My mother wanted to change it when my father died. I refused, ran away from home, never changed my name, and never spoke to her again." 

"Well, what is it?" 

"Rebecca Axl Rose Williams. My mother wanted it to be Rebecca Marissa Peterson. Marissa for her mother, and Peterson because it's her name. My sister changed her name too, but that was different. Her name's still Nicole Rachel, just a different last name." 

"Rebecca Axl Rose Williams," I echo. It does have a nice ring to it, but why would anyone make fun of it? "Why did people tease you?" 

"In middle school, people learned who Axl is, or was, and they believed that I threw a temper tantrum to get the name. The truth is, my father was a serious metalhead who wanted a child named after one of the greats. If I was his son, he would've named me Rick Savage, after his favorite bassist. It's funny though, because my sister was named Nicole after you, and Rachel after Rachel Bolan." 

"Why didn't she change it?" 

"My father only ever told me that she was named after them." 

"How do you sign your name?" 

"R. Axl Rose Williams. It's funny to see some fan's eyes go wide when they read it." She smiles. "I like Becky better though. It's easier on the tongue." 

"Hmm," I hum. How could I not know any of these things about her? The guys are now in the room. I've no idea how they got it, but they look winded. 

"These people really hate visitors," Tommy complains. 

"I know T-Bone. I know," I reply. 

"You have to go back," Mick says, struggling to sit down. "You have to go back before things get worse. You'll only get sicker and those storms will get more destructive." 

"I can't," Becky shakes her head. 

"You have to."

"No. I really can't. If I do truly have the desire to go back home, I can't. I can't fake it. It doesn't work both ways unless I want it to. Magic can find a lie out. I can't wish my way out of this one." 

"There has to be another way." 

Becky looks at me. "There's one other way, but it's risky. We only get one shot to do it, and if it doesn't work." She snaps her fingers.

I have no idea what she's talking about, but her tone worries me. Something tells me this other way out involves... blood.