Chapter 3

I was crying in the bathroom for about 30 minutes, when I heard footsteps and voices. One of the voices belonged to Daishou but I cannot recognize the other one. Probably one of the coaches. I was silent because I did not want them to hear me crying.

After some time, I did not hear anything, so I continued to cry. Then door of the bathroom open and I see Daishou standing there with worried expression. I looked at him with teary eyes and I meekly mumbled out - „What, are you going to laugh at me? Go ahead I don't care!". But he did not, he just walked towards me, kneeled beside me, and did the most unsuspected thing

He hugged me

I was dumbfounded. 'He hugged me!' I screamed in my head.

„Hey, stop crying, everything will be all right. Just breath with me, alright?" I looked at him and weakly nodded. „Ok, inhale, exhale. Good, again inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. You are doing great. One more time, inhale, exhale." he paused and looked me in the eyes „Are you better now?" he asked. „Yes, thank you." I answered with shaky voice.

I see worry disappear on his face. „ Why were you crying in bathroom?" He asked. What am I supposed to say now; my crush of many years asked my best friend on a date Infront of me, and he said yes. I was just looking at him ready to cry again. He probably noticed because he said - „You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." „Thank you." I thank him quietly

We were still hugging on the floor when door slammed open and there was standing a fuming Kenma. „What are you two doing?! Why are you hugging?!" He shouted. „Kuroo was having panic attack! I couldn't just leave him like that!" Daishou shouted back. Kenma looked at me with disgust and then glared at Daishou „Lets go Daishou, we have a date to go on." he seethed „No." Daishou said loud and clear, and hugged me tighter. Only thing I could was look between the two and not interwove, I could sense the tension rise after Daishous answer.

„W-what!?" stuttered out Kenma. "What do you mean no!?" Kenma roared. „Your best friend just had a panic attack, and you want to go on a date?! Are you even hearing yourself?!" "So, you are going to ditch me because of him!?" "Yes!" Daishou cried out. Kenma grimaced at me „This is all your fault!"

"How is this my fault?!" I shouted back and stood up. „My 'best friend' agreed to go on a date with my crush and suddenly it's my fault?!" Kenma scoffed „Remember that time when I had a crush on that girl? She was always coming to watch us practice, but she was always watching you! And you would smile at her, wave at her and talk to her every fucking time, like the little shit you are! But that's not it, not only that, but she would always ignore me because of you!" Kenma roared on top of his lungs. After he finished the bathroom became silent, only Kenmas panting echoed around us.

With little courage I had I replied - „ How was I supposed to know you had a crash on her! You never told me! And I was just being polite to her, I never flirted with her or anything similar!" I shouted and stormed out of the bathroom and ran out of the school crying. I did not know where I was going, I just wanted to get away from them.