My New Friend

Chaeyoung! Are you still sleeping?"shouted Chaeyoung's mom bursting into her room.

"How many times have I told you to knock before entering my room mom?" asked Chaeyoung angrily.

"Sorry sweetheart but I've to leave for my office as I have an important meeting today. Your breakfast is on the table. Hurry up and get ready. I don't want you to be late on the first day of your new school. All the best!" said Chaeyoung's mom closing the door behind her.

Park Chaeyoung is a seventeen year old school girl whose family recently shifted to Seoul after her father's transfer from Australia. She doesn't like interacting with people much. The only friend she loves spending her time with is her pet dog Hank.

Least interested in her new school, Chaeyoung unwillingly got up from her bed, dressed up and had her breakfast. "Where's my phone?" she said to herself. After searching for a long time she found it near the clock. She noticed the time and it was already 8:30. "Ohno I'm late!"

Giving a goodbye kiss to Hank, she ran to the bus stop. Thankfully she caught the bus on time.

In the classroom-

"Good morning students. Settle down fast"said Ms. Choi, Chaeyoung's class teacher. Everyone got into their seats. "So today we have a new student in our class. Chaeyoung, please come and introduce yourself to the class."

Chaeyoung shyly got up from her seat and walked to the teacher's table. Taking a deep breath, she spoke," Hi, my name's Park Chaeyoung. I hope we get along well". "You can go and sit next to Jennie, she'll help you complete your work, okay?" Said Ms. Choi.

A girl waved to Chaeyoung from the third bench."Hi I'm Jennie Kim. Nice to meet you Chaeyoung" said the girl as Chaeyoung sat next to her. "Nice to meet you too" said Chaeyoung with a smile.

Jennie was a very bright student who was liked by every teacher. She had straight black hair and a pretty face.

Jennie helped Chaeyoung with all her work. "Would you like to go grab some food with me after school?" Jennie asked Chaeyoung in the canteen. " I know a very good place close to our school. They serve the best teokbokki!" Being a foodie, Chaeyoung agreed to go and they had a lot of fun.

Soon they became good friends. Chaeyoung loved Jennie's company and was very happy to finally have a friend.

 Chaeyoung loved Jennie's company and was very happy to finally have a friend