09. The internship

All good things come to an end and considering they were in college it wouldn't be any different as their studies had an end date previously established. Jiew ended up being recognized on his merits and received a proposal to go abroad.

When he told this to Yong, the taller one was visibly very sad despite not having said anything. But Jiew felt and knew his friend well enough to know better about it.

That's why, while he was packing his bags, he occasionally checked his phone to see if Yong had answered his message about saying goodbye to him at the airport.

"Still no answer! That stubborn!", Jiew said to himself looking at the phone.

As he couldn't put it off any longer, Jiew left for the airport and was already hopeless of seeing one more time the one he loved so much before leaving the country. Until Yong arrived in the oppa style that runs after his loved one in the final second.

"Jiew, wait!", the tallest one shouted, attracting everyone's attention.

"Yong? You came!", Jiew said opening a wide smile and approaching his friend who suddenly hugged him and started talking without giving him a chance to interrupt.

"Jiew… Fluke. Fluke, I liked you from the first time I saw you at freshman orientation in college and more as the days passed. You are the most fun and kind person I know, you know how I like my coffee and when I'm in a bad mood. More than that, I also know when you're stressed out and need to relax and that you always order more food than you can eat and end up leaving it in the fridge."

"Yong, what are you…" Jiew pulled away from the other a little to look at him directly.

"You're leaving and I didn't want to miss the chance to say it before it's too late. I like you Jiew. I like you a lot!", Yong said approaching the slender body again and hugging him.

"Ai Yong! You're really hardheaded!", Jiew said scaring the other who didn't expect that kind of answer after his confession. "No need to make that face, ok? I like you a lot too!", Jiew said with a smile.

"So what do you mean?" Yong said frowning.

"I'm leaving the country for a 3-month internship. After that I'll come back! And while I'm gone, I hope you'll call me and text me every day, duh!", he didn't miss the chance to tease the other .

"3 months? What do you mean?", Yong still didn't understand.

"I knew you hadn't heard anything after I said I was going to live abroad, Yong! You're too predictable!", Jiew said stealing a kiss from the taller man's cheek who had a pout on his lips.

The new boyfriends then spent the 3 months chatting by video call and exchanging endless messages. Yong got used to sending pictures of things he saw and wanted to share with Jiew who did the same. In the meantime, they realized that they liked each other from the start and how much time they had wasted denying it to themselves. So they had agreed that they would meet when Jiew returned to the country.

The 3 months seemed to last 3 days and 3 years at the same time for the hearts in love that felt so close and so far away from each other.