Charles x Pierre

P.O.V Pierre

It was the 21st November when Charles and I were on the way to Lando's birthday party at his house in Woking. Actually, he had his 21st birthday already a week ago but because it was a race weekend and we had been in Instanbul, he didn't have the opportunity to celebrate big. Charles told me the Brit had just spent the evening with his teammate and boyfriend Carlos. Now the week in between the last and the next race in Bahrain, he was able to celebrate his birthday properly.

Because I was living near Woking and Charles didn't want to fly from Istanbul to Monaco to England, back to Monaco and then all the way to Bahrain, we planned to spent the meantime at my place. So on Tuesday after the Turkish GP we took an early flight to London where I had parked my car and then drove to Milton Keynes.

We were quite tired from the flight, so this day nothing much happened. We only unpacked our luggage and ordered some food in the evening and played some video games.

The next day, we went shopping in the grocery store and then took a walk around the city. I enjoyed the time with Charles, being able to chat with him for a longer while, having deep talks. I just really like his company, I feel comfortable in his present and I can be myself around him. I also can talk with him about everything that lies on my heart. Well, maybe not everything because recently a thought crept into my head that perhaps this wasn't only about friendship my side. 

The next few days until Lando's birthday passed by faster than I expected. I noticed how I felt quite sad because Charles had told me he was thinking about perhaps flying back to Monaco again after the weekend. I mean, we already got used to only see each other on the race weekends and this longer time together was already a exception but I got used to him being by my side all the time very fast, so that I didn't want that missing again.

Finally, we arrived at Lando's and I already heard the music coming from the inside. We got out of the car and went to the door to ring the bell. A few seconds later, Lando opened the door smiling widely at us . "Charles, Pierre, hey!" We did our handshakes and wished him a happy birthday once again before Lando invited us in. The house was already filled with people and the mood seemed good. We greeted some people we knew, mostly the other drivers that were invited. 

The time passed, it was already late in the evening - we had eaten and talked to some people. Right now, I was sitting on the big sofa in Lando's living room and listened to the conversation between Charles and Carlos, the soon-to-be teammates in Ferrari. Because I couldn't really participate and felt bored soon, I got up and went to the kitchen to get new beer for Charles and me. 

"Oh hey Lando", I greeted the birthday boy who was leaning against the counter looking at his phone. He looked up, "Ah hi Pierre, can I help you with something?", he questioned with a small smile. "No no, I'll just get some beer", I answered and smiled back. "What are you doing here all alone?" "Ah just getting some rest from the bustle out there. You know, I'm not really a great party man but Carlos forced me to, so here we are." He chuckled lightly. "Oh I hope you're not too stressed then", I replied with a grin. He laughed again, "no it's actually not that bad." "I will search for my boyfriend now", he added and gestured behind his back to the kitchen door. I nodded and he turned around to leave the room. I went to the fridge to get our drinks, opened the bottles and left the kitchen then as well. 

When I came back, Charles was still talking to Carlos but the latter now had placed an arm around Lando. I couldn't hide the smile on my face when I saw how Charles began to sing to the song playing from the big speakers. I walked up to him and sat down next him on the couch. "Here, got a beer for you", I said while handing the bottle over to him. "Thanks, my friend. That's very thoughtful of you." he said in a played touched tone grinning at me. I just shook my head and rolled my eyes slightly but grinned back. You could tell that Charles already had the one or other alcohol and his drinking limit wasn't that high.