Chapter 3 - comfort

Hello !! Before this chapter starts, I'd like to say that I do not ship minors !!! This is all purely platonic, please don't be weird about anything, thank you :]. 

Ranboo was sick.

he didn't want to admit it, though. He hated being sick. Luckily though, it was Saturday.

His mother had a worried look on her face when seeing her son coming down the stairs. "Ranboo, you look sick" She said, placing a plate of pancakes on the table for him. Ranboo just shook his head, "No, I'm fine." Ranboo sat down at the table, starting to eat his breakfast, aware of the frown on his mother's face. 

"Are you sure? Let me take your temperature." She said, walking over to him. His mother placed her hand over his forehead, frowning even more. "Ranboo, your forehead is really hot, are you sure you're feeling okay?"

Ranboo just sighed, he wasn't feeling the best. He had a headache and his stomach kinda hurted, but Tubbo had asked Ranboo yesterday if he wanted to sleep over at his house with Tommy and his brothers, and Ranboo agreed. Though he had to ask his mother for consent, convincing them wasn't that easy. But his mother eventually gave him permission to sleep over. 

This was probably the first time he's gone over to a friend's house, since he didn't have many friends, and his mother didn't really let him hang out at his friend's house. Ranboo had been excited when his mother let him go, and didn't want something as little as being sick to stop him.

So, he lied.

"Yeah I'm fine, I promise" Ranboo said, giving his mother a fake smile. His mother stared at him for a second, then sighing. Luckily, the doorbell rang. "Oh- that must be Tubbo, I'll get the door-" Ranboo stood up, heading to the front door. 

Ranboo was glad his mom didn't mention anything about the sleepover, so that's good. Ranboo opened the door to be met by a short brunette, a huge grin on his face. "Hey big man!!! You ready?" Ranboo flinched at the smaller's loud voice, but nodded. Tubbo, being the good friend he is, noticed it. "Are you okay, Ranboo? You look terrible." Tubbo asked in a more calming and quieter tone.

Ranboo scoffed. "Thanks tubbo. And yeah, I'm fine." Ranboo smiled awkwardly, fidgeting with a part of his sleeve. Tubbo scratched the back of his neck, "If you say so.. Did you pack your things already?" Ranboo sighed with relief, glad Tubbo changed the topic. "Yes, I packed yesterday." 

Ranboo moved to the side to let Tubbo inside. "You can sit on the couch or something while waiting." Ranboo said, starting to head up the stairs. Tubbo cringed at the word 'couch', but nodded. Tubbo walked over to the lounge room, being noticed by Ranboo's mother. "Hello Toby!" She greeted him, earning a smile from the smaller. "Hello Mrs. Beloved! And you can just call me Tubbo." He said, walking over to the female. Surprisingly, Ranboo mom was pretty short, only a few inches taller than Tubbo, Ranboo probably got his height from his father. 

Mrs. Beloved reached her hand out and placed it on Tubbo's shoulder, "Tob- Tubbo," She said, earning the boy's attention due to the tone in her voice. "Can you watch over Ranboo for me? I don't think he's feeling okay." Tubbo nodded, "Alrighty!" He said in a reassuring tone, giving her a smile. 

Ranboo came down stairs, bag in hand. "I'm ready Tubbo," he said, reaching the bottom of the stairs. Ranboo had changed into a white hoodie with red accents, and a pair of dark navy jeans. He had his sunglasses and mask on, like always. 

Tubbo smiled, giving Ranboo's mother a small wave, "it was nice talking to you, Mrs. Beloved" he said before walking towards the front door. Ranboo went over to his mother and gave her a small hug, "have fun, Ranboo '' she said. Ranboo smiled, then heading after Tubbo,