O12

Both Donghyuck and Jangmi jolted awake in sync, both found each other sleeping on the cold ground while healed Doyoung is on the couch. He silently stole a glance from her, and it did make Jangmi fully woke. Realization hit her hard as she felt her hand touches Doyoung's bandaged leg without reasons.

"Oh my God, Donghyuck! It's already 9,"

Jangmi clumsily get off from the floor-ended up being on the floor again. Donghyuck had been watching her cute little actions, Jangmi really is impatient and unexpectable.

"Jangmi, our class starts at 11 anyway,"

The latter lifted the corner of her lips, trying her best to not to burst out her ugly laugh in front of someone she just knew. To her, Donghyuck is just another regular frat boy she bumped into in college-clearly straight out of books she read.

"Don't wake Doyoung up, please? He wouldn't be fond of this situation,"

"So how do we move him into the car?"

"I'll hold him by his underarms and you will hold his legs."

They straight up went near Doyoung and did just like what they told. "God, his legs are cold. You gave him the blanket, do you?"

Getting a nod won't satisfy Jangmi's anxious state-the night's coldness really bite, bugs and mosquitos were free during the dark and it could make her friend uneasy.

"He used the blanket, stop being so anxious."

As if it's the easiest task in the world, both Jangmi and Donghyuck successfully lay Doyoung's body inside of the car at the backseat. Jangmi cheered, running back into the basement to take Doyoung's jacket.

In the meantime, Donghyuck took out his fully charged phone dialing someone's number. He believed Doyoung's incident is related to someone he knew. Guilt grew in him, his new friend got shot and he also suppose that Doyoung is an innocent citizen wandering around at night.

"Stupid, pick up the call you-"

"Donghyuck? Ready to go?"

Jangmi suddenly popped out from the car's window, which made him shocked in terror. Jangmi wasn't eavesdropping but she could assume that he was clearly cursing out loud.

"Yeah let's just go,"

The busy road is like a sight for the driving male, as it's his eye-candy. Loving the crowds, people walking over the streets, shops and buildings opened freely accepting anyone to step in.

Lee Donghyuck loves that.

Meanwhile the young lady, she prefers a night view instead. And a lot more calmer scene, the sounds of cars' horn, the big motorbikes roaring and the people scattered almost every corner of the city are not amusing her.

She prefers a busy night-a loose type of busy. People went here and there aimlessly, there's no place to head to and you could just lead your feet to anywhere your heart and mind told you to.

"Are you guys living in an apartment?" Donghyuck asked as he watches Doyoung through the rear mirror.

"It's actually Doyoung and Jungwoo's, they live together."

She didn't trust him that much so she decided to stop by the Kims' place. Afterall, it's her third home after her own house and their hidden office.

"So where's yours?" Donghyuck stole a glance on the weary lady, who had her eyes fixed on the cars around the city.

"Mine's not too far, not too close. Just drop us off at the location I gave, they are my best friends too."

The atmosphere is rather awkward or calm, the sound of music or radio are nowhere to be found. Neither both of them continued to talk or search for topics.

"Wait, Donghyuck! We're 100 meters away-for your information,"

Few minutes after, the car parked right infront of a building, a simple and cozy living area suitable for students, young adults and newlyweds.

"Thanks for driving us off, I don't think I'd be safe if it wasn't for your appearance-I guess,"

"It's nothing, anyway see you later. At class,"

Both raised their right hands, mirroring each other and smiled rather awkwardly or just them being shy to each other.

Jangmi was left alone to manage Doyoung who successfully woke up as Jangmi held him by his waist all way to his own place.

"Ah! Jangmi my leg-"

"Shut your damn mouth, you're fucking heavy!"

Barging into the apartment's door, there was when she made eye contacts with her friends circling around the coffee table by the window.

Jungwoo ran up to them, not realizing Doyoung's exposed leg due to the bloody bandage yearning for a new bandage to cover the wound.

"I thought I'd lose both of you!"

Lisa engulfs Jangmi into a giant hug, and that's when her mother-like mouth throwing some bloody questions to the youngest among the agents.

"Jung Jangmi, that's why I told you to always have your phone around you. Look, now two over all of the assigned agents for yesterday's mission almost lost from the radar."

"Shhh, stop it. I know, I wasn't expecting this either-like someone really wants to attack us but for what?"

Jennie, happened to just wake up from her beauty nap went blank but jolted right after. She ran to Jangmi and hugs her immediately.

"God, I thought y'all were getting caught by Mr. Han's people last night,"

"Wait, Mr. Han's people? I thought he was alone or having a business with some young people around my age," Jangmi felt pressured, she wasn't able to kill the targeted gross chaebol, and now her friend is injured and she thinks it's really related to her.

"Hey, you don't have to think too much of it. Mrs. Kang didn't put the pressure all on you, she knows you also have many other things to do by this year," Jungwoo's words are always stored specially in her mind, yes he's right.

Afterall, life isn't always a bed of roses.

▫️