004

The next morning, Chiron moved Percy to cabin three. Nobody mentioned the hellhound, definitely not to his face. The attack had scared everybody. Everyone stayed away from him because they knew that monsters would now stop at nothing to kill. The other campers steered clear of me as much as possible. Especially Clarisse.

The only person who didn't steer clear of him was Phaedra. She was actually beginning to be pretty nice to him. She actually started to hang out with him more.

"Why aren't you staying away from me like the rest of the campers and your friend, Annabeth?" He asked Phaedra.

"Well, do I look like Annabeth?" She replied

"No..."

"Exactly. I have a brain of my own. If I want to hang out with you, I will. And I want to, so I am. I'm not going to jump on the 'Hate Percy' bandwagon, plus you seem really cool." She smiles at him warmly, making Percy blush slightly.

"Well, then thank you." she nodded as a reply.

"It's not fair to hate you because of your parentage, plus Apollo and Poseidon are pretty cool with each other, so there is no reason we can't be cool with each other." And Percy smiled at her in appreciation. She smiled back.

Annabeth and Phaedra still taught Percy Greek in the mornings, but she seemed distracted. Every time he said something, she scowled at me, as if he'd just poked her between the eyes. After lessons, she would walk away muttering to herself: "Quest...Poseidon?...Dirty rotten...Got to make a plan..."

The reason she had stayed away from him is because of the whole rivalry between Athena and Poseidon. Her mother and his father absolutely despised each other.

Well, just because your parents hate each other, doesn't mean that you guys need to hate each other too...that's why I hang out with him because it probably doesn't feel good to be isolated all the time.

That night, Phaedra had a dream. She was running along the beach in a storm. This time, there was a city behind her. Not New York. The sprawl was different: buildings spread farther apart, palm trees and low hills in the distance.

Phaedra turned and she saw a familiar head of black hair, standing a few feet away from her. He was watching something that was far. About a hundred yards down the surf, two men were fighting. They looked like TV wrestlers, muscular, with beards and long hair. Both wore flowing Greek tunics, one trimmed in blue, the other in green.

"What the hell?! Percy?" She called him.

"Phaedra? Why are you in my dream?" he asked her.

"The question is, why are you in my dream?" She said as she moved closer to the boy with sea green eyes. She finally reached him even though the wind was pushing her back with a lot of force.

"How the hell are we having the same dream?" Percy asked her. Phaedra shrugged in confusion.

Phaedra was about to speak when the men grappled with each other, wrestled, kicked and head-butted, and every time they connected, lightning flashed, the sky grew darker, and the wind rose.

Percy glanced at the girl next to him, who was watching the fight with great interest.

The tea is piping hot. This fight is fun to watch. Who's gonna win?

Percy started to run, but the harder he ran, the more the wind blew him back, until he was running in place, his heels digging uselessly in the sand. Phaedra just watched him and tried to walk towards him. The wind kept trying to blow her back but she ultimately reached Percy.