Part 3 - recovery

Azura was out for 2 days. The doctors were certain her ankle was mending properly now. But the infected skin had made her body incapable of holding her temperature at a normal level. It could be a full blown fever one hour and almost hypothermia the next.

Eventually it turned. The first sense Azura had of anything that was going on was how cold and warm she felt at the same time. Then the blurred sounds around her, and soon her headache had cleared enough that she could tell one apart from the rest. Patrick was visiting every couple of hours, telling her what was going on, and that it was going to be over soon. It was a good thing she couldn't say anything, he was calling her Blueberry a lot.

She didn't realise her ankle was in a cast until the next voice she could tell apart. Darryl and a couple of bandits had come past, apparently something to do with a bow, poor aim and a cut in their armour bruising a lot. It got followed by some remarks about ignoring injuries.

Eventually the voices and colours got joined by a ceiling of a room she was in, presumably the hospital wing. Then the ceiling got clearer, and joined by Patrick's face, who seemed to notice she was more with it at that point. He got her to sit up for a few seconds, pulling the wind out of her.

What felt like an eternity passed, even though it was probably closer to a few more hours. Then she was finally able to talk again when a doctor came to change the dressing on her foot. The doctor, there were too many these days to tell them all apart, knew she had come around properly. Her view of the wing was now a door and other beds, not a white ceiling.

Possible part 4 coming I'm not sure where to go with this