Unfamiliar Digits (Reader x Hongjoong feat. ATEEZ)

I did this for fun and it was kinda rushed...
But anyway, enjoy :)

"Y/N!"

Y/N's roommate bursts into her room, turning up the volume on her phone before the alarm goes off. "It's time to wake up! Come on! If you don't, you're going to be late and that's the last thing you need!"

Y/N groans, jamming her pillow over her face and muttering something that sounds a lot like, "I'll be out in just a sec."

"Great! See you soon!"

~

During lunch time, Y/N sits under the tree, scrolling through her old contacts while munching on a burger, getting rid of the people she no longer talks to. If there's anything she's learned since starting college, it's that these few years are apparently the best time to reveal your true colors.

Her finger pauses when she spots a contact that doesn't have a name saved along with it, just a phone number.

Y/N frowns, trying to recall where she got this number. It can't have been too long ago -- she rarely saves a contact without giving it a name.

But then again, she's had this phone since she was fifteen years old.

She spends the rest of lunch clearing out her other contacts but leaves the unnamed one untouched. She's sure it belongs to someone she met at her college -- maybe a classmate?

Well, it's too late to call them now. Y/N's lunch period is ending and she has to rush to her afternoon lectures.

I'll deal with it tomorrow.

~

"Why are you staring at your phone? Shouldn't you be doing homework?"

Y/N sighs. Her roommate's at it again. Nagging, that is.

You'd think that turning twenty-one and being on track to graduate at the top of her year would be enough to satisfy her roommate, but no. "Just because you're smart doesn't mean you shouldn't work hard!" she always says.

"I finished," Y/N bluntly replies, finger hovering over the contacts button. "And you?"

"Finished a few minutes ago," her roommate exhales. "And I'm brain dead. Priya asked me to hang out, so I'm gonna go meet her in a few minutes. You wanna join?"

"I'm good. Have fun, stay safe, and call me if you need anything."

"You too, Y/N. See you soon!"

Okay, fine. Maybe her roommate can be nagging and super annoying and a lot like her mom, but let's face it, they're still BFFs. They've been rooming together since freshman year and Y/N knows that her roommate would have her back no matter what, and vice versa.

As soon as her roomie leaves, Y/N slams her finger on the contacts button and clicks over to the unfamiliar phone number.

She patiently waits for someone to pick up, frowning when it goes to voicemail.

She calls again, and finally, someone picks up. "Annyeonghaseyo?"

Surprised at hearing her mother tongue, Y/N asks, "Um, sorry, who is this?"

"Why are you calling at this time?" a grumpy voice replies, "don't you know how late it is?"

She glances at her clock. "It's . . . 11 am . . .?"

"What? What do you mean it's 11 am- Hold on. Who are you?"

"I'm-"

"Lee Y/N?"