Ch12: The Date

(What does this say to you, the photo)

After awhile, after doin a small fashion show an distracting them of the situation from school, they finally helped me decide what to wear for my date.

"Remember, if he flakes we will kick his cake!" Marcel teased

I smiled more an shook my head as the others tried to make clever rhymes now.

"Sunshine I heard-" My dad suddenly gasped and I looked to my door

The boys moved out of the way and presented me as if I was the queen. Dad had his hands over his mouth as his eyes gently looked at me.

He removed his hands a bit with a soft smile underneath and looked so proud.

"Look at you!" He said sentimental," oooohhhhh my little sunshine has grown up so much..."

I scoffed a bit and crossed my arms.

"Not even, I'm still immature as hell..." I mumbled

The boys chuckled or snickered to that as it was somewhat true.

Dad then came to me an tucked some hair behind my ear.

"I'm so proud of how you've turned out to be." He said softly

I knew he was proud...but it just gets me every time. A little bit of tears formed in my eyes and he panicked as he didn't mean to do that.

He did a stupid dance and I laughed as I made him stop.

"ANYTHING but dancing!!" I teased

"Fine, I can kick it with the boys some other time- I still know some dances back from the 2000's-"

"Okay- dad- its time to go." I said as I started pushing him

I pushed him all the way out my room and out in the hall. After that he seemed serious as he chuckled softly an kissed my head.

"I love you very, very much my little sunshine." Dad said softly," I hope you know that, and I hope you know I've always been so proud of you!"

I was a bit confused but smiled at him.

"I know dad." I said," I just wish it was the same for mom..."

He patted my head an smiled.

"She loves you just as much as me- more than me maybe if she tried showing it." Dad said cheerfully," she means well and doesn't mean to give you a hard time."

Tears kept forming in my eyes and I tried not to cry. Dad seemed to want to remember this moment and I could see why, its my first date.

"Okay okay, can I finish getting ready." I teased as I cleaned my face

"Yes yes, edward is available for you all night unless your friends are dropping you off or picking you up." He said

I nodded an was gonna head back but he hugged me tightly. I was confused cause dad usually was this loving but he was...he was too loving.

I hugged him back and then a few minutes passed. We let go an he wished me good luck and a good time.

I told him bye and love you as I went back to my room. I got to my room an saw the boys playing rock paper scissors as vivian watched.

"What are you guys doing." I chuckled

"Whoever wins gets to do your make up or help pick out something you wanna wear." Brian said

"So far kryoz is winning." Smitty teased

Kryoz blushed a little and then he lost to delirious.