Chapter 341 Turning Point

But one hour was simply too long of a period.

Even when Upwards Ho! players were able to kill an opponent with a single attack, there were simply too many of them. Golden Era was a large guild, and the guild had five million low level accounts in the Eastern Continent alone. Even a fraction of that number would spell trouble for Upwards Ho!. With their enemies reviving themselves after each death and relentlessly throwing themselves back into the fray, could Upwards Ho! last for an hour?

And what if they could last for an hour?

The fortifications would be completed, but the defences were not installed yet. It would still crumble under the onslaught of so many low level accounts.

Ye Ci's heart was bleeding. Is this it? Is this the end for us? No matter how hard I tried, I've failed to prevent the inevitable! Is Golden Era going to achieve what they came for?

No! I refuse to let this happen!

Ye Ci could feel her blood running cold. Is there.. Really no way to turn this around?

In the battlefield not far away, Golden Era's low level accounts were still swarming towards the wall. Ye Ci had never felt so powerless before.

So even if I am strong, and even if I have so many helpers around me... I am still nothing compared to a large guild. She had thought that her strength was enough to weather the storm. So... Am I still not able to escape from fate?

Even the fire in her heart was starting to die out.

And everything felt so cold.

This is it. This is the limit of my capabilities. I've failed to stop Golden Era. Ye Ci grimaced. This is the extent of what I can do even as a reincarnator.

"Your pet has successfully evolved!" came the system notification just when all hope seemed lost to Ye Ci.

Pet? Evolved?

Ye Ci could not process the information. Her rationality began to return. Her only pet that was evolving...

Was Ol' Six.

That's right. It was Ol' Six! The Holy Dragon!

Two things appeared in Ye Ci's mind. The Warlock with his Skeletal Dragon during her last life, and the Red Dragon Queen in the Swamp of Sorrows.

Dragons. They were the most arrogant and noble race. And wherever they go, death follows!

She did not know what an evolved Ol' Six could not, but it was a Dragon. And one of the rarest breeds in the game. It was a Holy Dragon!

Ye Ci could feel warmth in her heart again. She did not know if Ol' Six could turn the table, but it was a chance. And it was a chance that she must take.

Ye Ci took in a deep breath and prayed, hoping that Ol' Six would evolve into an adult dragon. It did not have to be as large as Orthra, but she hoped that it would not remain small.

Of course, it was all relative.

She summoned Ol' Six.

And a huge beast appeared before Ye Ci. The huge light blue Dragon was 60 yards long. With its wings folded to its side, Ye Ci could not tell how long Ol' Six's wingspan was. The Dragon's long neck, and its long tails fit the description of the Dragons described in Western Fantasy. The best raised its head and opened its eyes. Its jet black eyes displayed a glint of ferocity.

She had mentally prepared herself for the size of the Dragon, but Ye Ci was still shocked when Ol' Six appeared before her. He's huge! Well I do not have to worry about not being able to ride on him. It'll be absurd if I can't ride on something that big!