Chapter 268 Doluo Civil War

Chapter 268 Doluo Civil War (Part 1)

The battle with Nuoba was an outcome that Ye Ci had expected, but how it happened was something that even she could not foresee.

She knew that Nuoba had all the warrios of the Doluo tribe on his side, but she did not expect him to attempt his coup so soon.

Dalufar showed no fear as he stood before Nuoba's warriors. Ye Ci stared at the lvl 240 BOSS-tier NPC, and the godly artifact that he held. He remained calm and rational, and it was as if nothing in this world could faze the NPC.

"Why have you gathered so many of your men in front of my tent, Nuoba?" Dalufar's gaze swept across the warriors gathered before him before finally resting on Nuoba. There was no unease nor arrogance in his voice. He was just like an old man who was conversing with an unruly youngster.

Greed and hatred were present in Nuobas eyes as he stared at Dalufar and Ye Ci could sense the defiance from the man as he bowed at his chieftain.

Nuoba then smiled at Dalufar, "Honorable Lord Dalufar, I'm here to pay you the highest of respect."

"Oh really? Then I shall receive it with thanks. You can leave with your men now." Dalufar remained unfazed by Nuoba's words.

"I would gladly do so, Lord Dalufar, but it is not the will of my men." Nuoba gestured at the Doluo warriors surrounding the tent.

"Is that so? Why do they refuse to leave?" Dalufar's face remained a mask of serenity even as he gazed upon Nuoba's men.

Ye Ci could tell that they were the elites of the Doluo tribe. The tribe itself had a population of 6,000, and the vast majority of the tribe members were women, children, the elderly, and those who were injured in battle. Men who were fit to fight were all in the tribe's military, and were under Nuoba's command. At this point, Nuoba's intention was very clear.

There's no way Dalufar is unaware of this. Thought Ye Ci to herself. Why has he done nothing? There's no way he has overlooked something like this. Ye Ci had no access to Fate's systems. She could not tell what was going on in Dalufar's head. The only thing she could do was to stand by Dalufar, and wait for the inevitable quest that would be given to her.

Players experience the stories of NPCs in the game in their own way, and there were times when how they felt or what they thought could change the outcome of a quest or even an entire battle. There were also times, however, when the system merely required the presence of players as an observer and a listener to a story that was about to unfold.

And this is one such situation.

"Because they've been treated unfairly!" a cold sneer appeared on Nuoba's face as he pointed at Alaunar. "Lord Dalufar, I've never doubted your wisdom. In fact, I've thought that you're perhaps the wisest person in this world even when I was a child. That is, of course, until the appearance of this mongrel!"

"Alaunar? What about him?" Dalufar's expression remained unchanged. His calm expression was a sharp contrast to the mask of rage on Nuoba's face.

Ye Ci cast Detection on Nuoba, and found that he was a lvl180 NPC. Even if he was a BOSS, the disparity in strength between Nuoba and Dalufar was very immense. The outcome of a battle between the two NPCs was apparent, but...

Nuoba's men that numbered at least a thousand were still a fighting force that could not be ignored. If a fight broke out between Nuoba and Dalufar, the chieftain with his divine artifact might still be overwhelmed by the sheer number of Nuoba's men. After all, even ants could kill an elephant if they had the numbers.

She knew that the standoff would result in a battle, and her success of bringing Aluanar away with her depended on the course of action she chose to take.