Chapter 22 - Divines Visit

Well, I'm back for now. Enjoy the new chapter!

******************************
Yuuki's House

Mia-chan and I went out of the house. I asked her to wait for a minute so that I could call one of my familiars. I was not going to call the five powerful beasts I had but one adorable little rabbit who somehow worked like a secretary to Samba.

[Luu, can you hear me?]

[....how rare of you to call me, Master. Is there anything I can help you?]

She sounded a little bit surprised as she heard my voice.

[Can you come to my house? I have something to ask you.]

[I understand, Master. Please pardon me for a few couples of seconds.]

...could she be really coming here in a few couples of seconds like she said?

I was wondering whether she really could do what she had just said. Although I believed her, I still had a vague idea of my familiar abilities. Not only her, but also the other five familiars I had always talk to.

"Hey, Onee-chan. Where are we going?"

Mia-chan looked up at me and asked with sparkling eyes of excitement and curiosity. She probably thought that I would play with her all day long.

"Mia-chan, I won't be playing with you today. But, I'm calling my friend to paly with you. She's not human but I hope you will not hate her."

"Don't worry. If she's Onee-chan's friend, then she's a kind person!"

"....thank you, Mia-chan. She's actually a—"

[Master, I've arrived. May I know what do you wish for me to do?]

Just in time, Luu arrived in front of us. I didn't even notice when she got here. I thought it had not been even more than twenty seconds or so.

«Notice. Individual Luu has arrived here after approximately 16.52 seconds after Master last talked to her.»

As expected of Wisdom, such an accurate calculation.

«Thank you for the compliment, Master.»

"You've arrived very quick. It seems like it's true that you're faster than Byakko as they say."

I talked to Luu with a smile on my face. She totally surpassed my expectations. She humbly received my praise with her long ears moving up and down, in delight I guessed.

[Thank you, Master. I'm still far from reaching the bottom Byakko-sama's power though.]

"...you're pretty humble. Anyway, this is Mia-chan. Someone like a little sister to me. Can you take her to your village and play with her for a while?"

I introduced Mia-chan to Luu and asked her to take care of her for the day. Luu turned her attention to Mia-chan and nodded in agreement.

[I understand, Master. May I ask for Miria-sama's assistance to transport her there?]

"Yes, you can."

As Luu was communicating with Miria, I looked at Mia-chan to see her reaction. I hoped she was not too surprised by a talking rabbit.

Wait, did she even understand what we were talking about?

«Answer. Individual Mia does not understand the language of the beasts here. In fact, when you were talking to Individual Luu, she was tilting her head in confusion as she couldn't understand anything.»