Chapter 4

⚠️ Intense Gore ⚠️

   There was a hideous mass on my arm, consuming the entirety of it. It ached so bad, I could barely move. Instead I laid on my bed, scrunched up in a tight ball, sobbing my heart out.

I couldn't let Mother Miranda know, or else I'd be confined to that room again. So, I took matters into my own hands.

With a stagger, I stood from my bed, gripping my arm to try and make the pain go away. I went down the stairs of my cottage, leaning my left side against the rails.

Limping, I went towards the kitchen. I knew what I was about to do was crazy, but it was one of the only ways to stop whatever was happening to me.

My vision was blurred by my tears, and my face twisted in agony. But, I managed to grab a butcher knife from my knife block, and went over to my dining table.

I closed my eyes, took the knife in my hand, mustered up all the courage I could, and chopped my arm off, right at the shoulder.

I cleaned everything afterwards, and will spare you the vulgar details.

But, a few hours and many bandages later, it was finally over. The pain had stopped, but at the expense of my right arm.

Now that I was in a right state of mind, I cursed myself for doing it. Who in their right mind would ever cut of their entire arm? I suppose me...

Reflecting on the situation, I cried silently. I knew I was being selfish, and that many out somewhere in the world were suffering a great deal more, but I pitied myself. I cried for hours and hours until there were no more tears left.

I didn't have the energy to walk back up the stairs and go to my bed to rest, so I just climbed onto my couch and laid there, helpless and alone. Cursing myself and my stupidity.

The drawing of Juliet at the top and illustrated by me. Sorry that it is smudged, I'm left handed.