And my Mom?

(Y/N) is a beautiful girl at the age of 16, with a bright future ahead of her. She's 5'6 (about 168cm) with long straight hazle hair and fair pale skin. An outgoing girl who enjoys to sing and dance, but more than anything, she loved to draw landscapes and a beautiful scenery.

"Mom! Hurry, we're gonna be late!" (Y/N) rushed her mother as she waited by the door with her backpack and a cute but casual outfit.
A black T-Shirt tucked in her white-ripped mini shorts and a red plaid long sleeve shirt wrapped around her waist. Her hair was a natural hazel color, down and wavy. White converse to finish the look.

"Shhh! You're gonna wake up your siblings!" Her mother answered.
(Y/N)'s family consisted of her parents, Amy and Lucas (AKA Mr. & Mrs. Choi), her 2 older siblings, Zaira and Luis. And her 2 younger siblings, Kevin and Aly.

(Y/N) : "Mom!" She yelled once more for her mother to hurry.

Mrs. Choi : "Don't worry. We're in perfect time. The fishes can wait for you."
(Y/N) had scored #1 in her class, and as promised, her mother would take her to the aquarium.
As soon as her mother was down she ran out to the car and stood by the passenger door. Her mother grabbed her keys and purse, and then locked the house's door behind her. Quickly got in the car and fastened her seat belt.
"Let's go! Let's go!" (Y/N) was inpatient. She didn't want to waste even a second. After all, she had never been in an aquarium.

Her mother drove carefully as she headed to the aquarium. Happily enjoying a fun and exciting conversation with (Y/N), smiling over how excited she was to see the dolphins.
They both enjoyed a wonderful day at the aquarium. It was already dark when they were heading back home. (Y/N) was tired and was falling asleep.

Mrs. Choi : "i bet you had so much fun, you used up all your energy" she said as she gave a slight laugh.
"Yea" she answers as she yawns. "Thank you... Mom" (Y/N) falls asleep.

Mrs. Choi smiles, and carefully drives carefully. Suddenly a white truck hits her from the left, causing Mrs. Choi to receive most of the impact. The car flips and (Y/N) woke up with a fright. She could feel the fast movement pf the car but left her no time to react to what was happening.
Broken glass hitting directly into her eyes. Unable to open her eyes due to injury, she felt the car stop. They were clearly upside down.
Her ears ringing, everything was pitch black, and the utter feeling of confusion left her completely lost, not knowing what to do.

"Mom?" She calls, but has no answer.
"MOM?!" Still no answer.
Her ears still ringing, but she hears a faint siren. Still, all she could see was pure darkness.

"...hear..." Y/N can hear a faint voice.
"Can... hear..." with a loud ringing in her, she couldn't make it out.
"CAN YOU HEAR ME?" She finally heard it clearly.

Y/N hears more glass breaking on her side of the car, eventually she feels she is being pulled out. A firefighter had rescued her.
"And my Mom?" She asked, but gets no answer.
"Where is my mom?"
The man placed her down where someone else holds her.
"It's going to be okay, dear" a paramedic spoke to her.
"Where's my..." she gets interrupted by a loud explosion, and her worst fear came to her mind. She wasn't able to finish her question.
She could only hear gasps.
"My... mom..." (Y/N) spoke as tears come one after another. A cry that quickly turned to sobbing.
"MOOOMMM" she screamed her lungs out as she cried for her mother.

"(Y/N)!" Mr. Choi rushes to her, holding her as they both bawled.
He had heard of the accident through a friend who had seen the news and recognized both Mrs. Choi and Y/N.

At the hospital

Y/N and her family were waiting on test results. Her father was sitting next to her bed holding her hand with worry in his eyes.

Dr.Han walks through the door with the results.

"Doctor!" Mr. Choi stands up along, and (Y/N)'s siblings as well. His face showing worry, regret, and pain all together.

Dr. Han, with an expression of 'I'm sorry to tell you', not needing to say more, yet still knowing he must, he spoke.
"Your daughter..." one gulp before he continued, "Broken glass from the car accident entered her eye, severely damaging her cornea, causing..." he paused. "Complete blindness"
Mr,. Choi in shock, let his body fall down on the chair.
"Is a transplant possible?"
"Her cornea is too damaged to go through surgery at this moment. She would need to wait at least a year, for her cornea to be completely healed. Cornea transplants are not very common here, so we have a waiting list."
"Dr. Han, please help me. Help my daughter" Mr. Choi cried to Dr.Han.
"I'm sorry. The most I can do, is keep your daughter in 100th place for transplant."

Dr.Han walks out the door, leaving (Y/N)'s family crying in despair.

At the funeral

After a few days of preparation, (Y/N)'s family now must say their last goodbyes to a mother and a wife.
Y/N can only say farewell from her hospital room, in complete darkness, due to the bandages over her eyes.
"I'm sorry Mom... I'm sorry" (Y/N) quietly cries herself to sleep.