Prologue

____________________________________

Soundtrack

1) Your Power - Billie Eilish
2) Yellow - Emmit Fenn
3) Your Eyes (feat. Shekhinah) - Black Coffee
4) Falling Asleep at the Wheel - Holly Humberstone
5) Juno - Choker
6) Agape - Nicholas Britell
7) Runaway - Aurora
8) Power - Isak Danielson
9) Happiest Year - Jaymes Young / Various Artists TikTok Songs
10) You There - Aquilo
11) Hellogoodbye - HOKO
12) Arcade - Ducan Laurence
13) Good Days - SZA
14) Selfish - SAINt JHN
15) Save Your Tears (OPN Remix) - The Weeknd
16) War (Stripped Down) - Tedy
17) Shadow of the Day - LINKIN PARK

____________________________________

Gianna
I wished I could forget what happened. Forget everything and everyone from the past. Start fresh. Wasn't it?

I don't know anything about being a fresh start, I tried so many times and it's didn't work.

But I can't, cause everything around me is useless. The memories would never be fade or disappear. And look what they got me and everyone I knew. The laboratory. The wires. The doctors. So many bad people.

Dr. Wilson especially.

His greasy gray beard and loud voice I remembered the first time I ever met him. They led me into the lab. The bright fluorescent lights hurt my eyes. They sat me down in a straight-backed wooden chair, the most uncomfortable chair I've ever felt.

They crowded around me, working, working, working. A skinny man with glasses attached sticky electrodes to my temples. Green, black, red, blue, and yellow wires ran from the electrodes into a large computer terminal. The assistants barked orders back and forth.

"Trial runs on module four," a gray-haired woman in a white coat called.

"Go module four," the skinny one with glasses replied. He flipped a switch, and one of the machines began a loud, rhythmic beeping. "Pulse is seventy-nine, blood pressure one-twenty."

"Is that good?" I asked, felt a little nerve rise inside me.

They ignored me. They always ignored my questions and I don't like it. I shouldn't be here, I should be with my family. Not like this.

The skinny one with glasses moved a table in front of me. Another assistant pushed in my chair.

"Tell Dr. Wilson that the subject is ready," the gray-haired woman ordered.

"My name is Gianna," I reminded them. "Why can't you ever use my name? Like in normal way."

The gray-haired woman regarded her coldly, saying nothing. She picked up a clipboard and began making notes.

"It's spelled G-I-A-N-N-A," I grumbled, eyes on her.

The gray-haired woman stopped writing and stared at me.

"Did I go too fast?" I asked sarcastically.

The woman set the pencil and clipboard down and left the room.