14- Let's Begin

"I don't know how you haven't heard, but it's not just Tom and I running anymore." Wilbur says as if I should have heard ages ago.

Wait... WHAT?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I stood there with a blatantly confused expression. 

"So who are your competitors?"

"Schlatt has come to me and requested to enter under his own party, SCHLATT2020. Niki and Fundy," I watch as Wilbur inhales with frustration, "my own son for god's sake, have formed COCONUT2020." My mouth drops partly open in surprise at all of this information.

Who the hell is Schlatt?

I decided to let Wilbur finish before I asked.

 "My own son is running against me," he continues as if he's coming to his own realization, "and Quackity has asked to run under the campaign name SWAG2020." 

"Um can someone tell me who Schlatt is?" 

"Oh he's this dickhead who's just shown up like he owns the place. He originally came to visit Dream I think but was curious of my masculinity."  Tommy was quick to pipe in. I couldn't help but laugh at how Tommy chooses to say things. The tension in the air was more than enough for me to realize that nothing about this was a laughing matter. My face turned more stern as I realized what all of this meant.

"So what exactly does this mean for you guys?" I needed to know exactly what I had to expect. Wilbur hesitated, looking the other way from me.

"Nothing," his eyes met mine, "hopefully."

So, uh that's concerning.

It stayed quiet as I studied Wilbur as if I could see what he was thinking. All of this election shit really meant nothing for me because no matter what, I would back up Wil and Tom. They were the closest I had to family in a while and I wasn't ready for some stupid presidency to ruin that. 

Time kind of flew by with not a single meaningful event occurring. I enjoyed watching the creation of the election stand and audience area. The whole place of L'manberg was coming to life full of color. However, behind all the decorations and streamers, the air hung low and people mainly stuck to themselves. 

It was unheard of by anyone to see any of the competing parties interacting with each other the closer to the election date it got. I never avoided anyone but I did not go out of my way to socialize with others besides Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, and Niki when no one was around to tell me how I "shouldn't fraternize with the enemy". That's some bullshit if I've ever heard any. 

As for my situation with the green bitch, I almost forgot it happened. There was so much else to focus on that Dream rarely crossed my mind. We were doing our own things in L'manberg and they were doing who knows what in the SMP. Shoutout to Tommy for giving up his discs.

I slept soundlessly at night knowing I outplayed Dream at his home field. What a dumb bitch. With so much time to do as I please, I could not get over how different Dream was than I expected. Maybe I shouldn't have thought so high of him? I mean he really fell for the oldest trick in the book, seduction. How humiliating for him! I made a mental note to rub that in his egotistical face. 

I wonder if he knows there is an election?  He seems like the type to over fixate on politics and make it his whole personality.

There is no way he doesn't know. He knows everything... or so he claims. 

Soon enough, the democratic event was upon us. It was go time baby. It was a brisk morning and almost unbearable without caffeine. Wilbur wore his usually trench coat with a white shirt beneath. This must be a pretty big deal to him because he actually washed his clothes. I expected nothing less from Tommy's iconic red and white shirt and cargo pants. Let's just say my assumptions were met. I wore my usual attire in case things went south, but tried to look less feral.

The votes had been collected the previous night and were awaiting to be counted on the stage. Guess who's job it was to count them? Yeah you probably got it right. In case you didn't, it's me. I zoned out again during the walk to the stage. When I clicked back to reality, I noticed the parties standing separately at different indicators on the structure. 

Wilbur and Tommy quickly found where they were meant to be and I made my way to the microphone at the center. To my right was a box sat atop a stool. The audience below had their focus on me as I stepped forward to begin speaking.

"Let's begin shall we?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Guys forgive me please. I hear your prayers and I see your comments. Tbh you guys are prob the only reason I'm still writing. I haven't felt like doing anything at all recently :) Im going to try and motivate myself again so we will see if it works. Please enjoy this horrific chapter that is way too short <3 Sorry about typos LMAO I am not rereading this :)

I have been reading so many SBI fanfics on ao3 its probably unhealthy but its fine. SBI is canon and no one will change my mind.

Start time: 9:12 PM  7-5-21

End time: 1:14 AM 8-19-21

Word count: 965