First Appearances

Your POV:

This cat gave me a glance until I looked away. I put my palm to my forehead from the embarrassing action I just put on in front of a stranger.

When I put my hand down, I looked around at the place, seeing I wasn't close to the crowd that wasn't around anymore. Everyone scattered to play their own games.

"Hey," a voice said behind me popped behind my ear, and when I suddenly turned around, the pad dancer was right behind me. When I turned we made eye contact so quick, but mentioned he did scare the shit out of me so I almost tripped backward.

When I was finally at a still standing contact w/ him. I finally had some courage to say something. "Ayo. You were shnazzin' on that pad real' good on that pad not long ago."

Well that was stupid of me–

"Ah-ha, thanks man," he responded. I feel like deep inside of him he thought my comment was cringe. Oh well, past is past am I right?

"BOP." BF spoke from a sudden. He was holding hands w/ his girl.
"Yeah, nice show you put on, cutie!" Obviously she adores the guy, but seems kinda rude on a side.
"BAP!" BF complained.

"She's still outa your league dude." The furry gave the guy a playful wink. "Take care though, you're chill, hope to battle my moves agenst you again some time."

"Skbap boop bap!" ("Seeya 'round cat!") He pulled his girl by her hand & he slightly gave her a peck on her cheek & they both slowly walked taward the exit.

"So~," the cat worded. Catching my attention while I watched the couple walk out the door. "What brings you around? You're deffinently someone I don't know who comes at a time like this."

"What do you mean?"

"Usually everyone who arrives at this arcade at such a time like this, come every so often so I know them & they know me. I've never seen you here before though."

"Do you only come late at this time?"

"Well I mean, yes. I didn't dance on that pad first try w/ pure luck y'know."

He got a small chuckle to leave me. "Right."

"Psh, people who come this late don't dance on that thing so I call it my property for the night." He said as he pointed at his dance pad. This guy was a tad funny... "Anyways, I never introduced myself properly. Name's Kapi."

"Fits you well." I held out my right hand for a shake. "Name's (y/n)."
He took his paw out of his hoodie pocket & shook my palm w/ his right hand w/ a good up & down. Not Ganna lie, his pur was pretty soft as he gripped. But then the warm feeling of our palms together fell appart. "Do these kind of things happen often?"

"Not really. Tonight just happened to be a time where a girl brought his boy to this arcade & she got attached to me while the guy was interested in my sick beats."

"The guy has a pretty talented voice, you song combined w/ his made a pretty neat beat from a walk in."

Kapi chuckled a little. "Yeah, mate. Guess I can't say my beats don't grab a pull."

He made me smile, but then we had a small silence since the topic of the conversation died. "Well, I suppose I never answered your question in the first place."

He just lifted his eyebrow softly.

"I was just on a midnight strole & I came to a stop to this place. I never really knew any arcade would be open at this time."

"Oh, yeah? To be honest, most people never know this place is open this late. But that's pretty much because no signs say so & people don't tell their friends. But it's supposed to be a somewhat private event anyway."

"I wasn't invited though."

"Yeah, but y'know what I mean."

"I do."

After time, me & Kapi kept on a good conversation about ourselves so we got to know eachother better.
Instead of standing around, we moved to a comfy booth. I haven't had such a chill conversation in a while. Most conversations I have w/ people turn to make me yawn, but talking to a cat must hit completely different.

"For that long huh??"

"Yeah.. pretty much."

We both looked around & realized how much of the crowd of gamers disapeared. There were only a few people left, probably using up the rest of their game cards.

I then had the idea of checking the time. So checking my wrist... Man talking w/ a stranger can make time go fast.
I mentally forced him to make contact w/ me so I could speak. "Well, I should probably head to a stop somewhere or walk home."

"Oh, totally."

I noticed his hand flat out on the table, & I had a urdge to put my palm over his paw, so that's what I did.

"Hey." I slightly asked w/ a smile delivered to him.
He gave me a look which questioned "yes?"

"We should really get in contact again soon. Someone like you hasn't lightened my mood like this in a long time."

He gave me a good grin & put his other paw over my hand that I held w/ his paw on the table. We both just couldn't help but look at eachother w/ such a happy expression. I didn't wanna leave him yet & I can tell he just doesn't wanna leave me either.

We both stood up from the booth we were sitting at.

As I looked around for the exit so I knew where I was heading. His soft paw crawled into my hand once again.

I know he's just mentally talking to me to not leave... I'm sure he knows well I don't want to leave him. I tug his paw a bit to tell him I need to leave out the exit. So we both walked our way out of the place.

We both held eachother tight as we put our fingers in between each other. Looked at the neat view from the place of the cool neon colors of the fast food restaurants & a gas station agross the street. Sure the view wasn't the most prettiest thing my eyes have ever seen, but it just felt alot more charming w/ Kapi by my side.