5

Was it fear no, guilt.

I couldn't have done anything to prevent it, right?

The bright lights of the hospital blinded me as I awoke.

"Hey he's awake." I heard though a light muffle

"Hey son... hey how we feeling?" My Dad asked looking down at me a small smile placed on his face.

I nodded

"Good the nurse is on her way."

'I feel awful, everything is foggy my body hurts I want to move but its like im.. paralyzed.' My mind raced

"I-I can't move.." i said quietly but enough for my father to hear me.

"What hun? What do you mean..?" That look on his face it was fear.

"I-I can't m-move.." i choked out i knew what was happening now the question is how much longer do i have...

How will they tell Asahi.

No. No no i cant not yet.

"Son. Where are you numb?"

I nodded "mostly in legs and lower body i-i cant move my arms and upper body though."

The nurse nodded "hun your body can still be really tired your just now waking up you've been it a dead sleep for almost 2 weeks now.." she said her brows frowning.

"2 weeks.. that means i miss our games.. what about my team mates do they know im here?!" I asked in a panic

"Takanobu! Son relax. They're okay it the  middle of the day we told your boyfriend to go get some sleep at home in bed." My Father explained

'Boyfriend..'

"Asahi?" I looked at him

"Yeah he's your boyfriend right..?"

"N-no i wish, but i can't. I cant do that to him.."

The room changed it was quiet. They knew what i ment they dont want to accept it but its true sooner or later ill be. Dead.

My body soon started to function with me i could move my upper body bit i didn't have enough strength in my legs to stand. The wires and tubes i had connected started to get let bother sum. Looking up i saw Asahi walk in he looked directly at me.

"Please tell me your going to be okay and what they told me isn't true..."