Chapter Four

~*~

"I remember the night I asked her to be my girlfriend. I had no doubt in my mind that I loved her. I wanted her to be with me for the rest of my life. I was so nervous she would turn me down. I knew I want good enough for her. I'm still not good enough for her. I was the happiest person alive when she said yes."

~*~

I walked Shelby back down to my car after the party. She looked exhausted, but I had one more place I wanted to take her.

"Hey Shelby?" I asked looking at her.

"Yeah," she said looking up at me with her beautiful brown eyes.

"Can I take you one more place?" I asked her.

"Um, sure I guess," she said.

"Perfect," I said opening the car door for her. She slid in and I got in on my side and started to drive.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked.

"It's a surprise,"

"You're not going to kill me right?" she giggled.

"No no, I could never do that,"

She smiled. "I'm excited,"

"You should be," I said.

After a while of driving I pulled up to a park. It was late, so it was literally empty. It was nice though. There was a large pond with willow trees along the edges. The moonlight reflected off the water creating the perfect mood.

I got out of the car and walked over to Shelby's side, opening the door and offering her my hand. She took it and stood up. "This is so pretty,"

"Just like you," I said causing her to blush.

I walked her down to the lake and sat us down on a bench. She looked at me confusedly. "What are we doing here?" She asked.

I took a deep breath. "I've got a question to ask you,"

I saw her blush lightly. "What would that be?"

"I know we just met, but I already know I love you. I want you to be with me for the rest of my life. I know I'm an idiot and am totally not good enough for you," I said and she laughed. "Would you be my girlfriend?"

She smiled. "I'd love to be your girlfriend,"

I smiled and tucked a stray hair behind her ear. I leant forward and pressed and sweet kiss to her lips. I felt her smile and kiss me back.

I pulled back and looked at her. She looked so beautiful in the moonlight. She looked like she was glowing. She looked like an angel. My angel.

She blushed and looked down at her hands. I chuckled and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "You're adorable when your embarrassed,"

"Shut up," she muttered and then giggled.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a hug. I felt her nuzzle into my neck and I smiled. She's mine. She likes me back.

She's my Shelby.

A/N:

Hi! Thank you for reading! It means so much to me as always! I hope you're enjoying it so far! I hope you have a lovely day! :)