Chapter 9

I look at him for a second, "Why do you wanna know?" Archer grabs my arm, "how do you know him?" His grip on my arm tightens.

"Let go." I say firmly, looking him square in the eyes. He lets go, "Well how do you know him?"

"Why should I tell you? Not that it's any of your business to begin with." I say while rubbing the spot on my arm that he grabbed.

"Nevermind, you'll tell me eventually." I look at him again. He's still wearing his gym clothes.

"Shouldn't you be going to change?" I look at the time on my phone. "The bell is gonna ring soon." He looks at the clock on the wall then at me.

He gives me a flirty smile, "When are we gonna have lunch?" I sigh and roll my eyes, walking away I say. "Never white boy."

I see Noah walking out of the locker room. He spots me and jogs up to me as I walk out the gym. "Are you okay?" he says while looking over his shoulder at something.

"Yea, yea, I'm fine. What class do you have next?" We stop at the intersection of three hallways. "I have english next, you?"

"I have AP Algebra 3 next." I say putting my hands in my pockets. "Wow, you're really smart. Do you need help getting to the classroom?"

I grin slightly at the compliment, "yea, if you could just tell me where i need to go that would be great."

He shakes his head, "nah i can just walk you there, come one follow me." he takes the lead, me following him.

"So you say you don't have any friends in this town yet, well did you have any friends at your old town?" Noah asks.

I nod, "Yea, but I only had one." Noah looks at me, his hair still damp from sweat. "I knew you'd have a friend."

"What's that supposed to mean?" he shakes his head laughing, giving me a wide toothed grin. "Nothing, nothing. Now tell me about your friend, what were they like?"

I shake my head and sigh, "He was pretty cool, we both really liked the same shows, he was super into Naruto, but I never got into it."

Noah nods and I continue, "His name is Immanuel, we had a bunch of classes together. We were both outspoken so we got along pretty well."

Noah similes and comes to a stop in front of a classroom. "Here it is. Maybe you can tell me more about immanuel later?'' I nod.

"Sure, bye thanks for walking me here." he smiles at me,"No problem." he turns around and starts heading towards his own class.

I enter the classroom and see Casey and her friends in the corner. Casey waves me over, "Sam over here!" I smile and give a small wave as I walk over to them.

Great, why do me and this girl have so many classes together? She must want to talk about Archer.

One of her friends offers me a chair and I sit down. "So Sam, how has your day been?" one of Casey's friends asks.

She was one of the last two girls standing in dodgeball. "Oh.. it's been fine." I say while taking off my backpack and putting it on my lap.

"So where's the teacher?" I ask , looking around the classroom. " I didn't see them when I walked in."

"Oh Mr. Collata is usually late, he's probably banging the nurse." another one of her friends says with a giggle.

Their friends join her, I give a slight chuckle.

"So Sam I saw you and Archer talking at the gym earlier, what was that about?"

Knew that was the reason that she called me over here.

"He was just asking me about something." I say with a nod. "Oh really what was he asking you?" she asks again with another fake smile.

We've been through this before, and if I don't tell her what she wants to hear she'll start to cry.

"Well he was-" I was interrupted by the teacher, Mr.Collata walking into the classroom. His clothes in disarray.

"Everyone to a seat, you girls in the back." he says pointing at us.

"Break it up." I take that as my lead to get away from them. I take a seat three desks away and take out my math notebook.

"Okay so today's class we'll be talking about.."

745 words