Chapter Sixteen

"Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain."

-The clouds

Valeria

~♣~  

"Ok children welcome to my secret den." Lia led us to the basement of her house. It looked normal when I saw it but now as she put her hand on a brick and pushed it, it opened to a huge training area with so many weapons.

"You can look around but meet back in 30 minutes I need to go talk to Raphël over the phone."

Mia parted from us and went to go check out the daggers and swords at the back as Léo and Jordan talked near the guns and spy suits. 

Leaving Vince and me to look at the Polearms with axe-like blades. 

Vince smirks as he picks up an axe-like blade. "I can throw this right at that target wanna bet?" I take another one and grin "bet." Vince goes first as he throws the blade on the second ring. Close enough. "I can do better." I stand where we were but before I throw the blade he says "you have always done better." 

I don't understand what he means by that but I throw the blade levelling my arm and sight right where it should be and throw it hitting the center. "Bullseye!" I go to collect the blade and then our part of the room goes quiet. 

We sit a foot distance apart on the bench facing the polearms on the wall.

No one can hear us from where we are seated and I can barely hear a thing Léo and Jordan are laughing about.

"Do you remember the first time I told you I love you?" Vince breaks the silence with a question I remember like it was yesterday. 

Days Past; 4-months-ago

~♣~

Vince winks at me while he turns up the radio in my Jeep. Today he's driving and we are coming back from the pier.

I don't have the roof up and I can see how dark the clouds are getting. It's gonna start raining soon and for some reason that brings me joy.

I see a burger joint on the corner. "I'm hungry want some burgers?" I ask Vince turning down the radio so he can hear me better. 

"You bet, here I'll pay." Making a left turn we park and head inside.

The worker sits us in a booth and we both ordered two burgers and fries to share. 

We sit there talking to each other about movies we can watch once we arrive back at his house since my mom is home. 

"The rain is coming down pretty hard do you just wanna pack up and head out?" Vince asks once I finish my hamburger. "Sure just let me use the bathroom." I walk back into the washroom and smile.

It has been an amazing day with Vince and I just want to go home and rest. 

I pull my phone out of my pocket looking at my messages. 

I see one from Ryker reading: buy me a burger!  Of course, he wants one. I had texted him where I was before we entered and seeing this message sends butterflies as all his texts do.